Oil and Gas Program Solicitation 2005 (2A Heavy Oil Recovery)
The summary for the Oil and Gas Program Solicitation 2005 (2A Heavy Oil Recovery) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Oil and Gas Program Solicitation 2005 (2A Heavy Oil Recovery): NOTE: This descriptive area provides an overview of this Funding Opportunity. YOU MUST READ THE FUNDING OPPORTUNITY MASTER ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DETAILS ON ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, EVALUATION CRITERIA AND HOW TO PREPARE AN APPLICATION UNDER AN AREA OF INTEREST OR TECHNICAL TOPIC. Please scroll to the bottom of this page under the heading Full Announcement and Other Files and click on the link to access the Master Announcement. You may submit an application through either one of the two following sites: (1) www.Grants.gov, or (2) http://e-center.doe.gov. While you may choose to submit an application through either method, please keep in mind that if you choose to submit through the www.Grants.gov portal, you should allow approximately 14 days to fully register to submit an application. We recommend that you begin this registration process as soon as possible. The DOE has prepared this funding opportunity so that the same mandatory files, file names and file extensions, and the information in each file will be the same whether you submit through (1) www.Grants.gov or (2) http://e-center.doe.gov. The method of submittal should not affect the content of the application, nor will it affect how the DOE evaluates the application. Whether you choose to submit through www.Grants.gov or http://e-center.doe.gov, you are strongly cautioned to begin transmission at least 24 hours in advance to allow for sufficient time for uploading files, and to ensure adequate time to address problems or concerns with transmission of your application, if any. Questions relating to the grants.gov system or on how to submit an application should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-518-4726. Questions regarding how to submit an application through IIPS can be e-mailed to the IIPS HELP Desk at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-683-0751. Please direct all inquiries on the content of the solicitation to the point of contact identified in the solicitation and on this cover page. There are five separate Areas of Interest and various Technical Topics within Areas of Interest to which an application can be submitted under this Announcement. This cover page contains information and allows for submission of an application for Technical Topic 2A: Heavy Oil Recovery ONLY. DE-PS26-05NT15600-2A Technical Topic 1A: Heavy Oil Recovery The term heavy oil for the purposes of this Funding Opportunity is defined as 10o - 20o API (1000 - 943 kg/m3) inclusive at 60o F (15.6o C), and having a gas-free viscosity of 100 - 10,000 centipoise (Mpa*s) inclusive at original reservoir temperature. Heavy oil recovery processes include: steamflooding, cyclic steam injection, in situ combustion, fire flooding, low temperature oxidation, high temperature oxidation, air injection, microwave heating methods, and oxygen rich air injection. All of these methods suffer from poor sweep of the reservoir. Heavy oil recovery methods for this section of this Funding Opportunity are focused on: 1) the use of foams or other additives which will improve the sweep during steam injection or steam flooding, 2) advances in the application of other heavy oil recovery methods, such as, in situ combustion, fire flooding, low temperature oxidation, high temperature oxidation, oxygen enriched air injection, and 3) the use of these processes in conjunction with horizontal wells will also be an area of consideration. The application needs to have an initial research Phase (1) and a demonstration Phase (2) with a practical field test for the verification and validation of the results of the research work.
|Federal Grant Title:||Oil and Gas Program Solicitation 2005 (2A Heavy Oil Recovery)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-PS26-05NT15600-2A|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fossil Energy Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 01, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Nov 30, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Nov 30, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Mar 30, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Contact the DOE Contract Officer with questionsregarding the funding opportunity firstname.lastname@example.org Richard Rogus
- Similar Government Grants
- • Notice of Intent to issue 2 Coal FIRST Funding Opportunity Announcements DE-FOA-0002180 an...
- • Carbon Storage Assurance Facility Enterprise (CarbonSAFE): Site Characterization and CO2 C...
- • Carbon Storage Assurance Facility Enterprise (CarbonSAFE): Site Characterization and Post-...
- • Notice of Intent to Issue Small-Scale Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) Systems for Distributed...
- • Requestion for Information - Production of Rare Earth Oxides and Rare Earth Metals
- • Oil and Gas Program Solicitation 2005 (1A VSP Subsurface Imaging)
- • Oil and Gas Program Solicitation 2005 (1B Reservoir Characterization and Management)
- • Oil and Gas Program Solicitation 2005 (2B Gas Flooding)
- More Grants from the Headquarters
- • Minority Education, Workforce, And Training Program
- • Promoting Domestic and International Consensus on Fossil Energy Technologies
- • test program title
- • U.S-India Joint Clean Energy Research and Development Center
- • State Heating Oil And Propane Program (shopp)