Operation and Maintenance of the Rio Grande Silvery Minnow Program in the Aquatic Conservation Facility
The summary for the Operation and Maintenance of the Rio Grande Silvery Minnow Program in the Aquatic Conservation Facility grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Operation and Maintenance of the Rio Grande Silvery Minnow Program in the Aquatic Conservation Facility: The primary purpose of this grant is for the City of Albuquerque BioPark Aquatic Conservation Facility to continue Rio Grande Silvery Minnow (RGSM) propagation activities, to include monitoring for and collecting RGSM eggs; to continue maintaining RGSM broodstock, and to continue spawning, rearing, tagging, and distributing juvenile and adult RGSM for augmentation efforts. These actions specifically address the Recovery Goals and Objectives in the revised U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) RGSM Recovery Plan and are necessary for the prevention of extinction of RGSM in the Middle Rio Grande and the reestablishment of self-sustaining populations within the species' historical range. Also, these activities are in direct support of, and in accordance with, the USFWS 2016 Biological Opinion. The principal place of performance will be the BioPark at 2601 Central Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM. The Principal Investigators will be Holly Casman and Kathy Lang.
|Federal Grant Title:||Operation and Maintenance of the Rio Grande Silvery Minnow Program in the Aquatic Conservation Facility|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation (DOI-BOR)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Continuation|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BOR-UC-18-N021|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 20th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 20th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||August 6th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||August 6th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||September 19th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$971,053|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$971,053|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 6th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ossie Taylor
Grants Management Specialist
Phone 801 524 3806
- Similar Government Grants
- • Operations and Maintenance of the Los Lunas Silvery Minnow
- • Propagation of Rio Grande Silvery Minnow
- • Northern Bosque Floodplain Habitat Restoration Project
- • Operation and Maintenance of the New Mexico Interstate Stream Commission Los Lunas Silvery...
- • Operation and Maintenance of the Rio Grande Silvery Minnow Rearing and Breeding Facility
- • Collaborative Program: Restoration of Habitat Benefitting the Rio Grande Silvery Minnow an...
- • Middle Rio Grande Endangered Species Act Collaborative Program: Restoration of Habitat Ben...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • Water Conservation Services, Lower Colorado Basin Region
- • WaterSMART Cooperative Watershed Management Program Phase II
- • Water Reclamation and Reuse Research Projects
- • Notice of Intent to Award
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Activities in Kansas