The summary for the Opportunity PA-06-301 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PA-06-301: - The goal of this initiative is to encourage pilot and feasibility clinical and epidemiological research studies of new therapies or means of prevention of digestive and liver diseases and nutritional disorders associated with digestive and liver diseases.-Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.-This FOA will use the NIH Exploratory/Development Research Grant (R21).-Project Period and Award Levels: The applicant may request a project period of up to 2 years with a combined budget for direct costs of up $275,000 for the 2-year period. For example, the applicant may request $100,000 in the first year and $175,000 in the second year. The request should be tailored to the needs of the project. Normally, no more than $200,000 may be requested in any single year.-Eligible organizations: Domestic or foreign, for-profit and non-profit organizations, public and private, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, laboratories, units of State and local governments, and eligible agencies of the Federal government.-Eligible Project Directors/Principal Investigators (PD/PIs): Any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research is invited to work with their institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.-Applicants may submit more than one application, provided they are scientifically distinct.-An R21 is not renewable.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PA-06-301|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-301|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 07, 2009 Mult|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 02, 2009 Multi|
|Posted Date:||Mar 31, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations; Units of State Tribal government
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Research Grants for Studies of Hepatitis C in the Setting of Renal Disease (R01)
- • Intestinal Failure, Short Gut Syndrome and Small Bowel Transplantation (R01)
- • Intestinal Stem Cell Consortium (U01)
- • Limited Competition for the Continuation of a National Endoscopic Database (U01)
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Clinical Research Ne...
- • Small Clinical Grants in Digestive Diseases, Nutrition and Obesity
- • Hepatotoxicity Clinical Research Network
- • Bariatric Surgery Clinical Research Consortium
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...