The summary for the Opportunity PA-10-053 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PA-10-053: Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), is issued by the National Institutes of Healths National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR), and the Centers of Disease Control and Preventions National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (CDC). The FOA encourages Research Project Grant (R21) applications that propose to: (1) foster multidisciplinary research that will evaluate how policies (federal, state and school district levels) can influence school physical activity and nutrition environments, youths obesogenic behaviors (e.g., nutrition and physical activity behaviors), and weight outcomes; (2) understand how schools are implementing these policies and examine multi-level influences on adoption and implementation at various levels (e.g. federal, state, school district, and school); and (3) understand the synergistic or counteractive effect of school nutrition and physical activity polices on the home and community environment and body weight. The R21 grant mechanism is intended to encourage exploratory/developmental research by providing support for the early and conceptual stages of project development. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the exploratory/developmental (R21) grant mechanism, and runs in parallel with two other FOAs of identical scientific scope, PA-10-052 and PA-10-054 that encourage applications under the NIH research project (R01) and NIH Small Grant (R03) grant mechanisms. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PA-10-053|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-10-053|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Chronic Diseases: Research, Control, and Prevention|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Dec 10, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Dec 11, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • PHS 2020-2 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH, CDC and FDA for Small Business Innovation Rese...
- • PHS 2020-2 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH, CDC, and FDA for Small Business Innovation Res...
- • PHS 2020-2 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH for Small Business Technology Transfer Grant Ap...
- • Developing and Disseminating Strategies to Build Sustainable Lupus Awareness, Knowledge, S...
- • Research to Enhance the US Vision and Eye Health Surveillance System
- • Diabetes Prevention and Control in the Americas
- • Demonstration Project for Identifying Individuals at High-Risk for Chronic Kidney Disease ...
- • Assessment of Proposed Revisions to the Youth Tobacco Survey: Impact on Measures of Youth ...
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...