The summary for the Opportunity PAR-07-402 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PAR-07-402: The purpose of these short term career development awards is to allow established, well funded clinician investigators to expand research programs to answer questions relevant to the environmental health sciences, and to provide established environmental health sciences research investigators the tools to expand their efforts to translational research. The NIEHS intends to commit a total of $500,000 per year to this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) to pay applications responsive to this announcement. Because the nature and scope of the proposed career development experience will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total number of awards will depend upon the quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. The total project period for an application submitted in response to this program announcement shall be between three to twelve months. Awards are not renewable nor, may they be transferred to another individual. This program uses the K18 award mechanism. Eligible organizations include for profit and non-profit organizations; public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories; units of State and Local Governments, and eligible agencies, laboratories of the Federal government, excluding NIH intramural laboratories, and domestic institutions. Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Eligible Principal Investigators include doctoral level investigators holding the rank of Associate Professor or Professor, or the equivalent in nonacademic settings, with documented records of scientific accomplishments and research grant funding. Two types of applicants should consider applying for support: (1) Established Physician scientists and others with clinical training without expertise in environmental health sciences research; and (2) Investigators with NIEHS research funding in the basic sciences who wish to move their programs to a more translational orientation. Applicants must propose to work with a prospective mentor and the institution of the latter to develop an application for support. Prospective mentors may not have an appointment or be physically located in the same academic setting as the applicant, and applicants are encouraged to seek out geographically separate opportunities. Applicants may submit only one application per receipt date.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PAR-07-402|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-07-402|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 23, 2009 Mult|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Jul 13, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jan 23, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jan 24, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Foreign Institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organotypic Culture Models developed from Experimental Animals for Chemical Toxicity Scree...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R21 Cl...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R01 Cl...
- • The Intersection of Sex and Gender Influences on Health and Disease (R01 Clinical Trial Op...
- • Limited Competition: Specialized Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities...
- • Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES)
- • Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants
- • Leiomyomata Uteri: Basic Science and Translational Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...