The summary for the Opportunity RFA-HD-12-105 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity RFA-HD-12-105: Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) solicits Research Project Grant (R03) applications from institutions/ organizations that propose to study the impact of human-animal interaction (HAI) on children's health and development and to test the efficacy of therapeutic uses of HAI with children.In 2008, NICHD and The WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition, a division of Mars, Incorporated, entered into a public-private partnership to explore the interaction between humans and animals. The partnership encourages research on Human-Animal Interaction (HAI), especially as it relates to child development, health, and the therapeutic use of animals with children and adolescents. This shared interest resulted in TheWALTHAM Centre donating funds to NICHD to enhance NICHDs ability to support research in this field.The purpose of this FOA is to build an empirical research base on how children perceive, relate to and think about animals; how pets in the home impact children's social and emotional development and health (e.g., allergies, the immune system, asthma, mitigation of obesity); and whether and under what conditions therapeutic uses of animals are safe and effective.Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Small Research Grant (R03) award mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount of funding that NIH expects to award through this announcement is $1.3 million per year, with $300,000 from NINR, $1.0 million from NICHD, part of which has been donated by the WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition, a division of Mars, Incorporated, as a part of a public-private partnership with the NICHD.The number of anticipated awards is 9-13. Budget and Project Period. Budgets for direct costs of not more than $50,000 per year and a project duration of up to 2 years may be requested for a maximum of $100,000 in direct costs over a 2-year project period.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity RFA-HD-12-105|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-12-105|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nursing Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 28, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 21, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Aug 30, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Dec 23, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Mar 28, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Strategies to Improve Health Outcomes and to Reduce Disparities in Rural Populations (R01 ...
- • Patient Activation for Self-Management of Chronic Conditions (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Patient Activation for Self-Management of Chronic Conditions (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Omics-guided Biobehavioral Interventions for Improved Health Outcomes: A Step Forward in T...
- • Palliative Care in Home and Community Settings (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Ninr Career Transition Award (K22)
- • Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Individual Predoctoral Fell...
- • NINR Mentored Research Scientist Development Award for Underrepresented or Disadvantaged I...
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...