PPHF 2015: Asian Language Tobacco Quitline - financed solely by 2015 Prevention and Public Health Funds
The summary for the PPHF 2015: Asian Language Tobacco Quitline - financed solely by 2015 Prevention and Public Health Funds grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
PPHF 2015: Asian Language Tobacco Quitline - financed solely by 2015 Prevention and Public Health Funds: Tobacco cessation telephonic counseling services are an evidence-based intervention for smoking cessation. However, such services are limited for Asian immigrants with limited English proficiency. Several subgroups of Asian Americans have smoking rates that are higher than the general population. This includes men who predominantly speak Chinese (including Cantonese and Mandarin), Korean, and Vietnamese languages (CKV). Traditional state quitline services have not adequately met the needs of callers who predominantly speak these languages. Providing culturally and linguistically appropriate promotion for an Asian quitline is highly specialized and can be challenging with limited expertise available. CDC plans to directly support a national Asian language quitline with $1 million in annual funding for a period of three years.
|Federal Grant Title:||PPHF 2015: Asian Language Tobacco Quitline - financed solely by 2015 Prevention and Public Health Funds|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP15-1503|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||State Public Health Approaches for Ensuring Quitline Capacity - Funded in part by Prevention and Public Health Funds (PP|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 29, 2015 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 29, 2015 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||Apr 29, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Apr 30, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Jul 29, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This funding requires immediate implementation to ensure there is no lapse in access to care, which would contribute to the existing disparity for this population. Applicants must currently operate a proactive tobacco cessation telephone quitline that provides counseling in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), Korean and Vietnamese languages, using a culturally tailored, tested, evidence-based service protocol. These calls must be answered in the callers’ predominant languages by counselors fluent in the respective language, rather than through the use of translation services.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Technical Information Management Section
Department of Health and Human Services
CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • PPHF 2014: Tobacco Use Prevention Public Health Approaches for Ensuring Quitline Capacity ...
- • PPHF 2016: Office of Smoking and Health - Asian Language Tobacco Quitline - Financed solel...
- • PPHF 2016: Office of Smoking and Health - Public Health Approaches for Ensuring Quitline C...
- • PPHF 2015: Tobacco Use Prevention – Public Health Approaches for Ensuring Quitline C...
- • PPHF 12 State Public Health Approaches for Ensuring Quitline Capacity Financed solely by 2...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2