Piscataway Park Cultural Landscape Inventory
The summary for the Piscataway Park Cultural Landscape Inventory grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Piscataway Park Cultural Landscape Inventory: This project for Piscataway Park will focus on the documentation of the cultural landscape through field surveys, existing conditions mapping, and narrative descriptions. Indigenous cultural landscape products will focus on recommendations for future work. Field Survey – Collect information about cultural landscape characteristics using the following techniques: use global positioning systems (GPS) to collect spatial data to accurately locate features; record landscape features and characteristics using digital photography; and create a character/condition log to identify features and evaluate field conditions and other notes. Existing Conditions Maps - Prepare maps of individual properties according to cultural landscape inventory guidance. All data shall be submitted to NPS in the cultural resource data transfer standard. A geodatabase template can be downloaded from: https://irma.nps.gov/App/Reference/Profile/2182526. This geodatabase template contains all of the various geodatabase objects required to implement the cultural resource spatial data transfer standard data model. The geodatabase contains all of the various cultural resource feature classes defined with the standard, as well as all of the feature level metadata fields and domain values. The data transfer standard contains the minimum fields required but other fields may be added to meet the practical needs of the project. Refer to the Cultural Resource Spatial Data Transfer Standards guidelines for additional information regarding the structure of the geodatabase and its functionality which can be downloaded from: https://irma.nps.gov/App/Reference/Profile/2182518. Narrative - Prepare Cultural Landscape Inventories that include the following: annotated historical chronology for the physical development (excel spreadsheet template); historical narrative that addresses the physical development and identifies landscape changes through each period; historical significance summary explains how the lands owned by the NPS in Piscataway Park meets National Register criteria, how it contributes to the areas of significance, and what the period of significance is; an analysis and evaluation of the landscape characteristics that apply to the property and indicates how the characteristics are related to the significance; and stabilization measures to improve the condition of the cultural landscape. Indigenous Cultural Landscapes – Prepare a separate summary document identifying indigenous cultural landscape methodologies and recommended next steps as it applies to the Piscataway Park project area managed by the National Park Service.
|Federal Grant Title:||Piscataway Park Cultural Landscape Inventory|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P18AS00573|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 1st, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 1st, 2018|
|Posted Date:||August 22nd, 2018|
|Creation Date:||August 22nd, 2018|
|Archive Date:||October 1st, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$57,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$57,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 22nd, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This announcement is NOT a request for applications. It is notification that NPS will award a Task Agreement under already competed Cooperative Agreement Number P18AC00901 with St. Mary's College of Maryland.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- LaQuita Palmer
Grants Management Specialist
This is a Notice of Intent Only.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area