Population Dynamics of Threatened Piping Plovers on the Niobrara River, Nebraska
The summary for the Population Dynamics of Threatened Piping Plovers on the Niobrara River, Nebraska grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Population Dynamics of Threatened Piping Plovers on the Niobrara River, Nebraska: The 3-year project would document the population dynamics of threatened piping plovers (Charadrius melodus) on the Niobrara River in northeastern Nebraska, including the 39-mile and 59-mile segments of the Missouri National Recreational River (MNRR) during the 20152016 breeding seasons. Specifically, the project will estimate survival and reproductive output of birds nesting on sandbars on the lower Niobrara, as well as the connection of these birds to the breeding populations throughout the Great Plains. Additionally, the project will examine the relationship between these birds and their habitat using remotely-sensed imagery and monitoring data from various groups and locations along the Niobrara.
|Federal Grant Title:||Population Dynamics of Threatened Piping Plovers on the Niobrara River, Nebraska|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P15AC00078|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Research and Training Programs - Resources of the National Park System|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 12, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 12, 2015|
|Posted Date:||Dec 22, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Dec 22, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Feb 11, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$273,007|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$273,007|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$107,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katie Schroeder
Grants Management Officer
National Park Service 303-898-9819
- Similar Government Grants
- • Effects of sound on wildlife, ecosystems, and visitors in units of the National Park syste...
- • NPS Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Units (CESU) Master Cooperative Agreements
- • Archival Survey, Appraisal, Accessioning, and Cataloging of the Haleakala National Park Mu...
- • Analysis of a Before-After Control-Impact (BACI) Wildlife Water Development Pilot Study
- • Effects of Outdoor Lighting on Natural Resources and Visitor Enjoyment in National Parks
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • FY2023 Historic Preservation Fund- History of Equal Rights- Preservation Grants
- • Land and Water Conservation Fund State Assistance + Readiness and Environmental Protection...
- • 2023 Grand Canyon and Flagstaff Monuments Fuels Reduction
- • LWCF State Assistance Formula Grants - Acquisition & Construction - FY23 Cycle 2
- • LWCF State Assistance Formula Grants - State Planning - FY23 Cycle 2