Pre-application for a Biomedical Technology Research Center (X02)
The summary for the Pre-application for a Biomedical Technology Research Center (X02) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Pre-application for a Biomedical Technology Research Center (X02): Purpose. This FOA issued by the National Center for Research Resources, National Institutes of Health encourages pre-applications for national Biomedical Technology Research Centers (BTRCs). These Centers conduct research and development on new technology and new/improved instruments driven by the needs of basic, translational, and clinical researchers. The BTRCs are charged to make their technologies available, to train members of the research community in the use of the technologies, and to disseminate both the technologies and the Centers experimental results broadly. A detailed description of the required components of a BTRC can be found in PAR-10-225. Pre-applications are the first step in order to submit a full BTRC application for a new Center. Existing Centers are not required to submit a pre-application. No formal awards will be made under this announcement. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the X02 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of similar scientific scope, PAR-10-225 , that describes full applications under the P41 mechanism. Submitting an X02 pre-application is the first step when submitting a new BTRC application using the P41 mechanism. Applicants must read both FOAs. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. No awards will be made in response to this FOA. Authors of Pre-applications under this FOA that are found meritorious and programmatically relevant will be notified of the opportunity to submit a full application for a new Biomedical Technology Research Center.
|Federal Grant Title:||Pre-application for a Biomedical Technology Research Center (X02)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-10-224|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center for Research Resources|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 13, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 13, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 30, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 30, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jan 13, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Limited Competition: Competitive Revision for Technology Development within Biomedical Tec...
- • Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20)
- • Instrument Development for Biomedical Applications (R21)
- • Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Cli...
- • High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
- • NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [R25]
- • Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards
- • Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...