RFP No. NRCS-05-HI-05, Develop Watershed Education Assistance Package for the Village of Aua, Tutuila, American Samoa
The summary for the RFP No. NRCS-05-HI-05, Develop Watershed Education Assistance Package for the Village of Aua, Tutuila, American Samoa grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Hawaii State Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
RFP No. NRCS-05-HI-05, Develop Watershed Education Assistance Package for the Village of Aua, Tutuila, American Samoa: A total of up to $8,000 in FY 2005 funds is available through the NRCS Pacific Basin Office (NRCS-PB) to assist interested applicants in carrying out educational assistance efforts for people of the village of Aua, Tutuila, American Samoa. Funds are to used to educate schools (both teachers and students), youth groups, village leaders of the village of Aua, Tutuila, American Samoa. Educational material should be prepared in both Samoan and English, and disseminated to the specified people, on the causes and effects of flooding, how to prevent flooding through proper channel maintenance, erosion control, yard waste and debris removal activities. Material should include the impact of the actions of the community when individuals intentionally block or modify culverts. These particular types of action may prevent water from draining from the road, causing flooding. Educational materials should be prepared using both audio and visual techniques. Such techniques shalll include at least six (6) live presentations in the village of Aua. Live presentations shall be conducted by individuals fluent in both Samoan and English. Additional techniques that may be used include photographs, videos, power point presentations, demonstration models, posters and brochures. NRCS-PB issues this notice describing the conditions under which eligible applications will be selected for funding. The proposals can be for less than the total available funds. The funds may be divided and awarded to different applicants for different proposals.
|Federal Grant Title:||RFP No. NRCS-05-HI-05, Develop Watershed Education Assistance Package for the Village of Aua, Tutuila, American Samoa|
|Federal Agency Name:||Hawaii State Office|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NRCS-05-HI-05|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Applications must be received not later than 3:00|
|Posted Date:||Jun 28, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Jun 28, 2005|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$8,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- An eligible applicant is any U.S. legal entity (individual, public or private organization) with Earth Science (hydrology/hydraulic) expertise and/or experience.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Yamaguchi, Shirley, Contract Specialist, Phone 808-541-2600 ext 152, Fax 808-541-1335, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Yamaguchi, Shirley
- Similar Government Grants
- • Request for Proposals, Irrigation Design Services for the Lower Hamakua Ditch Land Treatme...
- • Request for Proposals, Irrigation Design Services, Lower Hamakua Ditch Land Treatment Prog...
- More Grants from the Hawaii State Office
- • Pacific Islands Area Conservation Innovation Grant
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Opportunity USDA-NRCS-10-003
- • Hawaii State Office Grant