Recovery Act 2009 Limited Competition: Enabling National Networking of Scientists and Resource Discovery (U24)
The summary for the Recovery Act 2009 Limited Competition: Enabling National Networking of Scientists and Resource Discovery (U24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Recovery Act 2009 Limited Competition: Enabling National Networking of Scientists and Resource Discovery (U24): Purpose. This NIH Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), supported by funds provided to the NIH under the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act or ARRA), Public Law 111-5, invites applications designed to develop, enhance, or extend infrastructure for connecting people and resources to facilitate national discovery of individuals and of scientific resources by scientists and students to encourage interdisciplinary collaboration and scientific exchange. Implementation and evaluation at all participating institutions of a national prototype in research networking and implementation and evaluation at all participating institutions of a national prototype for resource discovery are the key deliverables at the end of the two-year project period. A diversity of institutions must be included to ensure broad applicability and national impact. These could include institutions of varying sizes and levels of existing infrastructure; urban, suburban, and rural settings; and racial, ethnic, and geographic diversity. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Resource-Related Research Projects Cooperative Agreement (U24) grant mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Recovery Act 2009 Limited Competition: Enabling National Networking of Scientists and Resource Discovery (U24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Recovery Act|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-RR-09-009|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center for Research Resources|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 15, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 15, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Apr 20, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Apr 20, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jul 16, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$7,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible institutions are limited to those who hold current NCRR Center and Center-like Programs, including: Animal and Biologic Material Resources (ABMR) Biomedical Informatics Research Network (BIRN) NCRR Biomedical Technology Research Centers (BTRC) Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) National Primate Research Centers (NPRC) Research Centers in Minority Institutions (RCMI) RCMI Translational Research Network (RTRN) Foreign organizations/institutions are not permitted as the applicant organization.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Limited Competition: Competitive Revision for Technology Development within Biomedical Tec...
- • Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20)
- • Instrument Development for Biomedical Applications (R21)
- • Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Cli...
- • High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
- • NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [R25]
- • Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards
- • Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...