Region 4 Genetic Management Plans
The summary for the Region 4 Genetic Management Plans grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Region 4 Genetic Management Plans: NOTICE OF INTENT. This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This funding opportunity is being implemented to provide genetic management plans and associated genetic data for six listed species in the southeastern United States. Specific objectives of the project include: 1) Provide technical support to the Service's regional geneticist by way of a postdoctoral researcher; 2) Generate genetic data consisting of thousands of single nucleotide polymorphisms for the following 6 species: Ouachita Rock Pocketbook (Arkansia wheeleri), Cumberlandian Combshell (Epioblasma brevidens), Fanshell (Cyprogenia stegaria), Spectaclecase (Cumberlandia monodonta), Bog Turtle (Clemmys muhlenbergii), Pink Mucket (Lampsilis abrupta); 3) Analyze genetic data to determine ideal broodstock populations for the above six species; 4) Develop a genetics management plan for each species; and 5) Publish peer-reviewed papers on conservation genetics of the above six species. A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed assistance based upon Departmental Manual 505DM2, paragraph 2.14 (B) (2) is solely within the discretion of the Government. Questions concerning this announcement should be directed to Artela Jacobs (404) 679-7197 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Federal Grant Title:||Region 4 Genetic Management Plans|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F17AS00425|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 31st, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 31st, 2017|
|Posted Date:||August 25th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||August 25th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 25th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$352,151|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$352,151|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$352,151|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 25th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This financial assistance opportunity is being issued under a CESU program. CESUs are partnerships that provide research, technical assistance, and education.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grant Agreement Officer Artela Jacobs 404-679-7197
- Similar Government Grants
- • Controlling certain invasive aquatic species in Arizona and New Mexico
- • Cooperative Data Collection, Management, Analysis, and Manuscript Writing for Publications...
- • Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit
- • Wild Lahontan Cutthroat Trout: Genetic Evaluation of Recovery
- • The Breeding Ecology of Aleutian Terns in the Kodiak Archipelago
- • Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Units
- • Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
- • Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Units (CESU)
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)