Regional Self-Advocacy Technical Assistance
The summary for the Regional Self-Advocacy Technical Assistance grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Regional Self-Advocacy Technical Assistance: The purpose of these projects is to provide regional support to self-advocacy organizations that focus on individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Although a region must include at least four states, each project will define its ‘region’ and select the States to be in its region. Each project will have a board or an advisory committee where a democratic process will be used to appoint representatives to a regional coalition. The representatives will be used to ensure that the self-advocacy movement is evident at the state and regional levels.
|Federal Grant Title:||Regional Self-Advocacy Technical Assistance|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2013-ACL-AIDD-DN-0060|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Developmental Disabilities Projects of National Significance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 29, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 29, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Jun 26, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jun 26, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Aug 28, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards under this announcement. See Section III.3. Other. Faith-based and community organizations that meet eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. See "Legal Status of Applicant Entity" in Section IV.2 for documentation required to support eligibility. Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Faith-based organizations are encouraged to review the ACF Policy on Grants to Faith-Based Organizations at: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/acf-policy-on-grants-to-faith-based-organizations. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katherine Cargill-Williskatherine.cargill-Willis@acl.hhs.gov
Grants Policy [katherine.cargill-Willis@acl.hhs.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Alternatives to Guardianship Youth Resource Center
- • Closing the Health Disparity Gap for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabiliti...
- • Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant
- • Human Dignity and Civil Rights for People with Disabilities
- • Living Well-Model Approaches for Enhancing the Quality, Effectiveness and Monitoring of Ho...
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 for Military Families
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 Centers
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program