Reintegration of Ex-Offenders - Adult Program Grants
The summary for the Reintegration of Ex-Offenders - Adult Program Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Reintegration of Ex-Offenders - Adult Program Grants: The Employment and Training Administration ("ETA"), U.S. Department of Labor ("Department"), announces the availability of $11.7 million dollars to serve adult ex-offenders returning to their communities. The Department expects to award approximately 10 grants of approximately $1,170,000 each for a 27-month period of performance. Grants will be awarded to faith-based and community organizations (FBCOs) to provide pre-release and post-release services to ex-offenders returning to high-poverty, high-crime communities. These services will include job training and employment preparation, mentoring, and assistance connecting to supportive services such as housing, substance abuse programs, and mental health treatment. Specifically, the employment component of the grant will focus on the development of employment opportunities in in-demand occupations, including emerging "green" jobs. Applicants must describe their community's need for reentry services and the degree to which reentry is an issue; describe their program's design to provide services to adult ex-offenders that will result in employment in in-demand industries, including "green" jobs; and provide evidence of partnerships with the criminal justice system, local Workforce Investment Boards and One-Stop Career Centers, the local public housing authority and other providers of housing services, and mental health and substance abuse treatment service providers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Reintegration of Ex-Offenders - Adult Program Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SGA-DFA-PY-10-10|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Reintegration of Ex-Offenders|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 17, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 17, 2011|
|Posted Date:||February 10th, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Feb 25, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Apr 16, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$11,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,170,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Recipients of these grants will be non-profit faith-based and community organizations ("FBCOs") that are located in or have existing staff presence in the high-poverty, high-crime area to be served. This grant focuses on high-poverty, high-crime areas that are heavily impacted by a large proportion of ex-offenders returning each year and which experience high rates of recidivism. A single application may be submitted to serve multiple sites. However, applicants must demonstrate that they have an existing organizational presence in each of the identified geographic areas to be served. The application may not be for more than $1,170,000, with additional funding for multiple sites coming from other leveraged resources if DOL funding does not fully cover the cost of operating a multi-site grant. Previous recipients of RExO - Adult grants are eligible for this solicitation.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Brinda Ruggles, Grants Management Specialist Phone 202-693-3437
- Similar Government Grants
- • Pathway Home
- • Young Adult Reentry Partnership (YARP)
- • Fidelity Bonding Demonstration Grants
- • Reentry Projects (RP-3) - Young Adults
- • Reentry Projects (RP-3) - Adults
- • Reintegration of Ex-Offenders (RExO) Adult Generation 5
- • Serving Young Adult Ex-Offenders through Training and Service-Learning
- • Serving Adult and Youth Ex-Offenders through Strategies Targeted to Characteristics Common...
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program
- • Change 1 to Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 13-19, Work Opportunity Tax Credit...
- • Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Ass...
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants