Research Program Award (R35 Clinical Trial Optional)
The summary for the Research Program Award (R35 Clinical Trial Optional) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research Program Award (R35 Clinical Trial Optional): The purpose of the NINDS Research Program Award (RPA) is to provide longer-term support and increased flexibility to Program Directors (PDs) /Principal Investigators (PIs) whose records of research achievement demonstrate their ability to make major contributions to neuroscience. RPAs will support the overall research programs of NINDS-funded investigators for up to 8 years, at a level commensurate with a PD/PIs recent NINDS support (Part 2, Section II) This greater funding stability will provide eligible investigators at nearly all career stages increased freedom and flexibility, allowing them to be more adventurous in their research, take greater risks, embark upon research that breaks new ground, undertake research projects that require a longer timeframe, and/or extend previous discoveries in new directions. Research supported through the RPA must be within the scope of the NINDS mission (http://www.ninds.nih.gov/about_ninds/mission.htm). Research activities outside of the NINDS mission, or traditionally supported by another NIH Institute or Center will not be considered through this program. Other anticipated benefits of the RPA include: A more stable funding environment, facilitating the pursuit of longer term research goals; Flexible funding, enabling investigators to pursue research opportunities as they arise, not tied to specific aims; Reduced time spent writing grant applications and managing multiple grant awards, thereby allowing investigators to spend more time conducting and overseeing research; and More time for PDs/PIs to mentor junior scientists. Eligibility to apply through this FOA is limited to investigators who currently have at least one active NINDS R01 or R01 equivalent grant (defined as R01, R37, R56, DP1 or DP2 awards) due to expire in FY18 or FY19. Applicants must also have received R01, R00, or R01 equivalent grant support from NINDS in each of the past 5 years), with no more than one of those years in a no cost ext
|Federal Grant Title:||Research Program Award (R35 Clinical Trial Optional)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-NS-18-032|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 13th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 13th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 11th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 11th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||August 18th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$20,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||30|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 11th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • NINDS Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Training of Postdocto...
- • Peripheral Pathology in the Lewy Body Dementias (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Mechanistic Basis of TDP-43-dependent Pathobiology in Common Dementias (R01 Clinical Trial...
- • The NINDS Human Cell and Data Repository (U24 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Discovery of Biomarkers and Biomarker Signatures for Neurological and Neuromuscular Disord...
- • NINDS Cooperative Small Business Awards In Translational Research (SBIR/U44)
- • NINDS Institutional Center Core Grants to Support Neuroscience Research
- • Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...