Research and Technical Assistance for Public Health Interventions in Haiti to support post earthquake reconstruction, cholera and HIV/AIDS
The summary for the Research and Technical Assistance for Public Health Interventions in Haiti to support post earthquake reconstruction, cholera and HIV/AIDS grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research and Technical Assistance for Public Health Interventions in Haiti to support post earthquake reconstruction, cholera and HIV/AIDS: The global response to reconstruction efforts and the cholera epidemic is the largest public health commitment made in Haiti to date. It offers a unique opportunity to address research priority questions, using large scale public health evaluation programs. The purpose of the program is to conduct assessments and surveys to support critical disease control activities. A key tenet of these activities is that MSPP will work to build capacity to conduct, interpret, disseminate, and respond to assessments, surveys and other evaluations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research and Technical Assistance for Public Health Interventions in Haiti to support post earthquake reconstruction, cholera and HIV/AIDS|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GH-12-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 03, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 25, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 10, 2012|
|Creation Date:||May 17, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Oct 03, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants Eligibility for this program is limited to the Ministry of Public Health Haiti - Ministere de la Sante Publique et de la Population (MSPP). No other applications are solicited. MSPP is the most appropriate and qualified agency to conduct the activities specified under this cooperative agreement. The MSPP is the government agency responsible for safeguarding public health in the country and an established CDC partner in Haiti. The MSPP has a presence in the 10 geographic departments of the country and capable of supporting research and surveillance activities on a nationalized basis. The MSPP has the statutory authority to develop, implement, oversee and assure compliance to regulations related to research and quality assurance/quality controls in the country.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurements and Grants Office (PGO) Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2