Research on Gender in Science and Engineering
The summary for the Research on Gender in Science and Engineering grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research on Gender in Science and Engineering: The program seeks to broaden the participation of girls and women in all fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education by supporting research, dissemination of research, and extension services in education that will lead to a larger and more diverse domestic science and engineering workforce. Typical projects will contribute to the knowledge base addressing gender-related differences in learning and in the educational experiences that affect student interest, performance, and choice of careers; and how pedagogical approaches and teaching styles, curriculum, student services, and institutional culture contribute to causing or closing gender gaps that persist in certain fields. Projects will disseminate and apply findings, evaluation results, and proven good practices and products. The Research on Gender in Science and Engineering program has been funding these objectives since 1993, under the prior names "Program for Women and Girls" (PWG), "Program for Gender Equity in Science, Mathematics, Engineering and Technology" (PGE), and "Gender Diversity in STEM Education" (GDSE).
|Federal Grant Title:||Research on Gender in Science and Engineering|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||05-614|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Education and Human Resources|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 04, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Sep 02, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Sep 02, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Dec 04, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org NSF Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • EHR Core Research (ECR): Building Capacity in STEM Education Research
- • Improving Undergraduate STEM Education: Education and Human Resources
- • Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers
- • EHR Core Research
- • Tribal Colleges and Universities Program (TCUP)
- • Research in Disabilities Education
- • Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching - Application Packe...
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure
- • Macrosystems Biology and NEON-Enabled Science
- • Transitions to Excellence in Molecular and Cellular Biosciences Research
- • Political Science
- • EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations ...