Runaway and Homeless Youth Capacity Building for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and/or Questioning Youth Populations
The summary for the Runaway and Homeless Youth Capacity Building for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and/or Questioning Youth Populations grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families ACYF FYSB, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Runaway and Homeless Youth Capacity Building for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and/or Questioning Youth Populations: The purpose of this grant is to build capacity of Transitional Living Programs (TLPs) to serve youth who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning (LGBTQ) who are experiencing homelessness and who are disproportionately affected by homelessness than their heterosexual counterparts. Through this demonstration grant, FYSB is solidifying its commitment to improving access to culturally and linguistically appropriate services for LGBTQ homeless youth. The intent of this targeted 3-year cooperative agreement is to support the development or strengthen efforts for addressing the needs of LGBTQ youth experiencing homelessness. Efforts may include identifying innovative LGBTQ specific intervention strategies, determining culturally appropriate screening and assessment tools, learning of services and systems of support that respond to the needs of the LGBTQ youth, pinpointing the gaps in services, and better understanding the needs of LGBTQ youth served by RHY agencies. The successful applicant will be expected to: Establish an Advisory Committee, Enhance the community building process, Attend the annual RHY training conference, Conduct a comprehensive literature review, Conduct a needs assessment, Identify experts and resources, and evidence-based or promising practices/interventions for LGBTQ homeless youth, Identify reliable and valid screening and assessment tools for this population, Identify research and critical issues, gaps in services, and training needs, Provide recommendations and develop strategies to address the unique needs of homeless LGBTQ youth, and Develop a dissemination plan and develop products (e.g., findings brief, resource manual, fact sheets) for disseminating key findings and lessons learned to various stakeholder audiences.
|Federal Grant Title:||Runaway and Homeless Youth Capacity Building for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and/or Questioning Youth Populations|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families ACYF FYSB|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2013-ACF-ACYF-CX-0638|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Transitional Living for Homeless Youth|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 13, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 13, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Jun 14, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jun 14, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Sep 12, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$900,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- In selecting eligible applicants to receive grants under this FOA, priority will be given to entities that have demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience in working with LGBTQ runaway, homeless, and street youth. Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Faith-based organizations are encouraged to review the ACF Policy on Grants to Faith-Based Organizations at: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/acf-policy-on-grants-to-faith-based-organizations. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Deskapp_support@acf.hhs.gov
ACF Applications Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Maternity Group Home Program
- • Transitional Living Program
- • Transitional Living Program and Maternity Group Homes
- • Support Systems for Rural Homeless Youth: A Collaborative State and Local Demonstration
- • Transitional Living/Maternity Group Homes for Runaway and Homeless Youth
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families ACYF FYSB
- • Competitive Abstinence Education Grant Program
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants: Culturally Specific Trauma S...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services/ Improvements to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgend...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program