Street Outreach Program
The summary for the Street Outreach Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families ACYF FYSB, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Street Outreach Program: Today, in communities across the country, young people are living on the streets after running from or being asked to leave homes characterized by abuse, neglect, or parental drug and alcohol abuse. Once on the streets, such youth are at risk of being sexually exploited or abused by adults for pleasure or profit. In addition, such youth may engage in shoplifting, survival sex, or drug dealing in order to provide for their basic needs. Since 1996, SOP has been aiding this population by funding grantees to provide street-based services to runaway, homeless, and street youth who have been subjected to, or are at risk of being subjected to, sexual abuse, prostitution, or sexual exploitation. These services, which are provided in areas where street youth congregate, are designed to assist such youth in making healthy choices regarding where they live and how they behave.
|Federal Grant Title:||Street Outreach Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families ACYF FYSB|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2013-ACF-ACYF-YO-0574|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Education and Prevention Grants to Reduce Sexual Abuse of Runaway, Homeless and Street Youth|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 28, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 28, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Apr 29, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Apr 29, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jul 29, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||56|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include public and non-profit private entities that include States, localities, and coordinated networks of such entities. Per RHY Act section 351, for-profit organizations are not eligible. In selecting eligible applicants to receive grants under this FOA, priority will be given to entities that have experience in providing shelter and services to runaway, homeless, or street youth as required by the RHY Act. Faith-based and community organizations that meet eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Deskapp_support@acf.hhs.gov
ACF Applications Help Desk [email@example.com]
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families ACYF FYSB
- • Competitive Abstinence Education Grant Program
- • Runaway and Homeless Youth Capacity Building for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and/o...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants: Culturally Specific Trauma S...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services/ Improvements to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgend...
- • Basic Center Program