Rural Fire Assistance Administration
The summary for the Rural Fire Assistance Administration grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Rural Fire Assistance Administration: Legislative Authority: National Fire Plan P.L. 106-291 and H.R.2643-Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008. Authority to fund and implement this program is established by Congress on a year-to-year basis. Funding for the FY 08 RFA program is contingent on Congressional appropriation, and funding is not guaranteed for subsequent years. Project Background Information The RFA program provides funding to improve the capacity and capabilities of rural and volunteer fire departments (RFDs) that protect rural communities and play a substantial cooperative role in the suppression of wildland fires within, or in the vicinity of lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). The recipient of this cooperative agreement will distribute funds from Department of Interior agencies, in addition to providing substantial recipient contributions, to various rural and volunteer fire departments throughout Wyoming. Project Objective The RFA program was established to improve safety and enhance wildland firefighting resource capability and readiness of rural and volunteer fire departments; to decrease wildland fire-related losses to rural economies through enhanced local fire protection; and to help reduce Federal, state, tribal and local expenditures on wildland fire suppression, particularly in the wildland-urban interface. Statement of Joint Objectives The RFA program provides funding to rural and volunteer fire departments serving those communities of less than 10,000 persons. These departments must be party to a cooperative agreement with the BLM, a County Fire District, State Forester, or equivalent entity in WYOMING. These departments serve as cooperators with BLM in the suppression of wildland fires within and in the vicinity of BLM managed lands. Individual fire departments will submit application packages to the awarded recipient, which will be reviewed and prioritized collaboratively by a panel of Department of Interior and partnering agency representatives. Deliverables The awarded recipient will request funding applications from individual fire departments. The applications will be reviewed and prioritized cooperatively by the Wyoming State Forestry and Department of Interior agencies. The recipient will collect receipts to verify that fire departments are using the funds for basic wildland firefighting equipment needs such as new generation fire shelters, protective clothing and related personal protective equipment, basic tools and communications items, and wildland training courses and activities. The BLM will audit the purchases to verify that the fire departments provide a ten-percent (10%) matching contribution in the form of cash or contributed services.
|Federal Grant Title:||Rural Fire Assistance Administration|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||WY-RFA08-3001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Fire Plan - Rural Fire Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 16, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 16, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Apr 22, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Apr 22, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jun 15, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$240,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$240,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- Rural Fire Assistance
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ilze Karklins-Powers Grants & Agreements Specialist Phone 307-775-6293
Grants Management Officer [Ilze_Karklins-Powers@blm.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR-WA Ready Reserves Program - Fire Preparedness
- • FA BLM AZ Wildfire Academy
- • BLM WY Ready Reserve Wildland Fire Training
- • National Fire Program - Rural Fire and Ready Reserve in MT and ND
- • Fire Protection Capability of Nuttall Fire Dept and Fire Protection on the Lands of New Ri...
- • California Rural Fire Assistance
- • New Mexico Rural Fire Assistance
- • Rural Fire Assistance and Ready Reserve Programs in South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...