State Competitive Supplemental Funding for Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
The summary for the State Competitive Supplemental Funding for Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
State Competitive Supplemental Funding for Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System: The purpose of this supplement is to provide State Health Departments with resources to maintain previous projections in sample size, enhance and expand the utility of BRFSS, and support ongoing state-based public health surveillance infrastructure. Resources are needed specifically to collect BRFSS data to assess the prevalence of Influenza Like Illness (ILI) at state and local levels to support Pandemic Influenza response and preparedness activities as well as to support optional modules of public health significance at the state level (Components IA, IB, and IC). Financial support will be provided for activities related to data collection for the evaluation of interventions and assessment of the effectiveness of activities funded with Affordable Care Act through the Communities Putting Prevention to Work (ACA CPPW) (Component II). Those states eligible to apply for Component II will be notified individually. The amount of funding for individual states will be determined through a competitive evaluation.
|Federal Grant Title:||State Competitive Supplemental Funding for Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP09-90103-SUPP10|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 08, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 08, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Aug 13, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Aug 13, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Oct 08, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||53|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Component I: Financial assistance is available to the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, funded under CDC RFA-DP09-901. Component II: Eligible applicants are limited to State health departments in which a CPPW funded grantee resides within the state health agency jurisdictional boundary. The states that can apply for this funding opportunity will be notified prior to the closing of this announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2