State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
The summary for the State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP): The purpose of this program is to make grants to the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Territories to assist them in operating their own state educational loan repayment programs for primary care providers working in HPSAs within their state. SLRP supports loan repayment awards to health care providers in exchange for service in underserved communities. SLRP recipients are afforded the flexibility to select the disciplines and HPSA sites that meet their unique workforce needs. To that end, HRSA is encouraging SLRP applicants to consider how SLRP funds might be used to support the clinical priorities of addressing opioid abuse and mental health conditions. Please note, this NOFO expands the disciplines supported by SLRP to include Masters-level, licensed alcohol and substance abuse counselors.
|Federal Grant Title:||State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-18-011|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 7th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 7th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||February 28th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||February 28th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||July 6th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||45|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||February 28th, 2018|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Entities eligible to apply for this grant program include the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau. Current SLRP recipients with project periods ending on or before August 31, 2018, are eligible to apply under this announcement. In order to be eligible, states must demonstrate that the program operated with the grant funds will be administered directly by a state agency. States must also agree that the grant funds will be used to pay all or part of the principal, interest, and related expenses of qualifying educational loans of health professionals, in return for their provision of primary health care services in federally designated HPSAs. The contract between the state and the health professional must contain a breach provision and other terms that are not more favorable than the most favorable terms in the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program (LRP).
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Paula Gumbs at (301)443-7581 or email PGumbs@hrsa.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Affordable Care Act - State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
- • Grants to States for Loan Repayment
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care