Support HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Activities for Mothers, Children, and Families under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Support HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Activities for Mothers, Children, and Families under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Support HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Activities for Mothers, Children, and Families under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $5,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds.The international community is committed to ending the AIDS epidemic as a public health threat by 2030. To move towards this goal, the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) has set ambitious interim targets to achieve 95-95-95 by 2030: 95 percent of people living with HIV (PLHIV) know their status, 95 percent of those with HIV are on treatment, and 95 percent of those on treatment are virally suppressed. PEPFAR and the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) have also committed to Start Free-Stay Free-AIDS Free, which includes a super-fast-track framework for ending AIDS among children, adolescents, and young women by 2020. Effective partnerships are critical to maximizing PEPFAR’s limited resources and ultimately achieving epidemic control. In addition to partnerships with country governments and implementing partners, multilateral partnerships with organizations such as UNICEF are critical. This partnership draws on UNICEF’s comparative advantage as the global leader in promotion of and action for the protection of children’s rights. This work will strengthen the implementation and evaluation of programs focused on prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT), pediatric and adolescent HIV care and treatment, and social protection and support of children affected by AIDS, as well as support gender based violence (GBV) and violence against children (VAC) prevention and response and adolescent health services in high-burden HIV contexts.
|Federal Grant Title:||Support HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Activities for Mothers, Children, and Families under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2034|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 27th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 27th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||December 22nd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||December 22nd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||April 8th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 26th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this NOFO are: United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...