Support, Training and Capacity-Building for Infectious Disease Surveillance in the Republic of Panama and Other Countries in Central America
The summary for the Support, Training and Capacity-Building for Infectious Disease Surveillance in the Republic of Panama and Other Countries in Central America grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Support, Training and Capacity-Building for Infectious Disease Surveillance in the Republic of Panama and Other Countries in Central America: This is a project to enhance the surveillance, epidemiological investigation, and laboratory diagnostic capabilities in Panama and other selected countries in Latin America that are at risk for an avian influenza (H5N1) outbreak. Such enhancements will help establish an early-warning system that could prevent and contain the spread of a highly pathogenic avian influenza to the United States and enhance our nation's preparedness for a possible human influenza pandemic.
|Federal Grant Title:||Support, Training and Capacity-Building for Infectious Disease Surveillance in the Republic of Panama and Other Countries in Central America|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OS-OPHEPIDS-06-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||INFECTIOUS DISEASE SURVEILLANCE NETWORKS|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 29, 2006 To receive consideration, applicatio|
|Posted Date:||May 16, 2006|
|Creation Date:||May 16, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Jul 29, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,079,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,079,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$775,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The only eligible applicant that can apply for this funding opportunity is the Gorgas Memorial Institute for Health Studies of Panama.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.Gov Help Desk
firstname.lastname@example.org Grants.Gov Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • Strengthening Processes and Building Capacity to Facilitate Regulatory Review and Approval...
- • Enhancing Public Health and Emergency Preparedness and Response Capacities in the Americas
- • Enhancing Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Capacities in the Americas
- • Developing Global Standards for Public Health Emergency Operations Centers
- • Smallpox Research Oversight Activities:WHO Advisory Committee on Variola Virus Research
- • Support, Training and Capacity Building for Infectious Disease
- • 2007 Training of Latin American Health Care Workers through the Gorgas Memorial Institute,...
- • Smallpox Research Oversight Activities
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project