Supported Decision Making
The summary for the Supported Decision Making grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Supported Decision Making: The mission of the Administration for Community Living (ACL) is to maximize the independence, well-being, and health of older adults, people with disabilities across the lifespan, and their families and caregivers. To further this mission, the agency is seeking to fund one project related to supported decision-making . The purpose of the project is to create a training and technical assistance/resource center on supported decision making. The Center will collect and disseminate materials on supported decision-making, including the experiences of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in making informed decisions with the use of supports. The final products will include a review of existing literature and resources; a compilation of success stories and existing models; and innovative research on the mechanics of supported decision-making, including identifying key elements, current gaps and needed limits and protections, to ensure the choices individuals make are recognized and implemented by the respective institutions and authorities. The compiled information will be collected, organized and made available to the general public on the world wide web. The project will also include a proposal to develop measures to compare outcomes for people with I/DD and older Americans who use supported decision-making methods and practices to exert control and choice in their own lives compared with outcomes for individuals under substituted decision-making arrangements.
|Federal Grant Title:||Supported Decision Making|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2014-ACL-AIDD-DM-0084|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Developmental Disabilities Projects of National Significance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 2, 2014 Electronically submitted applications|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 2, 2014 Electronically submitted applications|
|Posted Date:||May 28, 2014|
|Creation Date:||May 28, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Aug 1, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$325,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$325,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$325,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
Private institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katherine Cargill-Willis
Administration for Community Living 202-357-3436
- Similar Government Grants
- • Alternatives to Guardianship Youth Resource Center
- • Closing the Health Disparity Gap for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabiliti...
- • Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant
- • Human Dignity and Civil Rights for People with Disabilities
- • Living Well-Model Approaches for Enhancing the Quality, Effectiveness and Monitoring of Ho...
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 for Military Families
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 Centers
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program