Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant
The summary for the Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant: The Administration on Aging (AoA) and the Administration on Disabilities (AoD) are collaborating to support the planning of future state-based collaborative projects to make progress in strategies and facilitate decisional supports for all adults. The plans will be developed with consensus from inclusive representational groups of disability and aging communities, and other key stakeholders. This would include, but not be limited to, Supported Decision Making (SDM) as a specific way of supporting decisions, and would require looking across other mechanisms to strengthening decisional capacity. Through this funding opportunity announcement, three (3) to five (5) state planning grants will be awarded at a federal share of approximately $50,000 to $75,000 each. At the end of the planning year, the planning year, grantees will produce a written document with the following five components: An existing or newly formed coalition with signed Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) to develop a State coalition action plan that advances a full range of strategies to supporting decision making across the age spectrum. The MOUs should describe how the entities participated in the development of the application and how they plan to work together to ensure the goals and objectives included in the application are achieved. At a minimum, the partnership must include: A representative from the state Working Interdisciplinary Networks of Guardianship Stakeholders (WINGS) group, or other similar community network, or identify and recruit a State coalition that includes a WINGS representative, Person with an intellectual or developmental disability A representative from the State office of public guardianship representative (if State has one) and/or Bar Association Elder Law Section and Disability Law Section, A representative from the judicial system, A representative from the Legislative branch A Comprehensive plan that includes: A range of approaches to decisional support, including but not limited to Supported Decision Making (SDM) in the State; The State's guardianship operation/policy/system and/or policies relating to supporting a full range of decision making strategies across the age spectrum; Strategies currently being used to supporting a full range of decision making strategies across the age spectrum in the State; Analysis of any judicial precedent in decisional support; Key existing coalitions; Other state specific characteristics relating to supporting decision making across the age spectrum in the State; Promising practices; Perceived barriers; and Alternatives and limitations on reform of the use of supported decision making on guardianship A formative and consensus process to establish a draft State coalition action plan (or add to an existing one). The plan is based upon core principles and will advance or improve upon a full range of strategies to supporting decision making of adults across the age spectrum. It includes proposed remedies and solutions identified as key to supporting decision making across the adult age spectrum and proposes future partners who would commit to future implementation Presentation State coalition action plan to stakeholders for input Approval of final State coalition action plan
|Federal Grant Title:||Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2019-ACL-AOD-DNDM-0359|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 19th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 19th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||June 18th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||June 18th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||September 18th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 18th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katherine Cargill-Willis
- Similar Government Grants
- • Human Dignity and Civil Rights for People with Disabilities
- • Living Well-Model Approaches for Enhancing the Quality, Effectiveness and Monitoring of Ho...
- • Access to Integrated Employment: National Data Collection on Day and Employment Services f...
- • The National Residential Information Systems Project (RISP)-On-going Data Collection and I...
- • State of the States in Developmental Disabilities-On-going Data Collection and Information...
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 for Military Families
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 Centers
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Funding for Older Americans Act Title VI Native American Programs
- • 2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Independent Living Transit...
- • Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative
- • Alzheimer's Disease Programs Initiative - Grants to States and Communities