The summary for the Tectonics grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Tectonics: The Tectonics Program supports a broad range of field, laboratory, computational, and theoretical investigations aimed at understanding the deformation of the terrestrial continental lithosphere (i.e. above the lithosphere-asthenosphere boundary). The Program focuses on non-magmatic deformation processes and their tectonic drivers that operate at any depth within the continental lithosphere, on time-scales of decades/centuries (e.g. active tectonics) and longer, and at micro- to plate boundary/orogenic belt length-scales.
|Federal Grant Title:||Tectonics|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||14-609|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 12, 2015 Full Proposal Target Date(s): Januar|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 12, 2015 Full Proposal Target Date(s): Januar|
|Posted Date:||Sep 19, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Sep 19, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jul 24, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||50|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- *Who May Submit Proposals: Proposals may only be submitted by the following:
-Non-profit, non-academic organizations: Independent museums, observatories, research labs, professional societies and similar organizations in the U.S. associated with educational or research activities.
-Universities and Colleges - Universities and two- and four-year colleges (including community colleges) accredited in, and having a campus located in, the US acting on behalf of their faculty members. Such organizations also are referred to as academic institutions.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- NSF Publication 14-609
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NSF grants.gov support
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact
National Science Foundation 703-292-4261
- Similar Government Grants
- • Linguistics: Dynamic Language Infrastructure-Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Gr...
- • NSF Dynamic Language Infrastructure - NEH Documenting Endangered Languages
- • Oceanographic Facilities and Equipment Support
- • Antarctic Research
- • Long-Term Ecological Research
- • Solar, Heliospheric, and INterplanetary Environment (SHINE)
- • Geoscience Education
- • Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure
- • Macrosystems Biology and NEON-Enabled Science
- • Transitions to Excellence in Molecular and Cellular Biosciences Research
- • Political Science
- • EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations ...