Teenage Pregnancy Prevention: Integrating Services, Programs, and Strategies through Community-wide Initiatives
The summary for the Teenage Pregnancy Prevention: Integrating Services, Programs, and Strategies through Community-wide Initiatives grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Teenage Pregnancy Prevention: Integrating Services, Programs, and Strategies through Community-wide Initiatives: The purpose of this FOA is to demonstrate the effectiveness of innovative, multi-component, community-wide initiatives in preventing teen pregnancy and reducing rates of teen births in communities with the highest rates, with a focus on reaching African American and Latino youth aged 15-19. All adolescents shall be eligible to participate in program services without regard to race, ethnicity or sexual identity. Nationally, African American and Latino youth are a significant portion of the youth population (16 and 17 percent (2007, NCHS), respectively) and represented the majority of teen births in 2006, NCHS (African Americans: 24 percent and Latinas: 33 percent).
|Federal Grant Title:||Teenage Pregnancy Prevention: Integrating Services, Programs, and Strategies through Community-wide Initiatives|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP10-1009|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Teenage Pregnancy Prevention Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2010|
|Posted Date:||May 04, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 13, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$50,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The following are eligible applicants for Parts A and B of this funding opportunity: State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) Community-based organizations Nonprofit (other than institution of higher education) For-profit organizations (other than small business) Small, minority, and women-owned businesses Universities Colleges Hospitals Faith-based organizations (Compliance with 45 CFR Part 87) American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations Alaska Native health corporations Urban Indian health organizations Tribal epidemiology centers Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States) A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a letter from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Attach with "Other Attachment Forms" when submitting via www.grants.gov.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office grants Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Training Center for Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- • Tier 2 Innovation and Impact Network Grants: Achieving Optimal Health and Preventing Teen ...
- • FY2020 Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) Tier 2, Phase II Rigorous Evaluation of Promising I...
- • Optimally Change the Map of Teen Pregnancy through Replication of Programs Proven Effectiv...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Replication of Programs Proven Effective through...
- • FY10 Teenage Pregnancy Prevention: Replication of Evidence-based Programs (Tier 1)
- • Opportunity AH-TP2-10-001
- • FY11 OAH - National Resource Center for HIV/AIDS Prevention among Adolescents
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2