The Next Generation of Evaporation Pans Agreement R17AC00074 Modification 004 and 005
The summary for the The Next Generation of Evaporation Pans Agreement R17AC00074 Modification 004 and 005 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Next Generation of Evaporation Pans Agreement R17AC00074 Modification 004 and 005: The agreement is improving our understanding of evaporative losses from reservoirs, which are not well understood due to climate conditions, size and shape of the reservoir, and reservoir operations. The scope change is to better characterize the water budget of the Elephant Butte Reservoir and Zuni Salt Lake located in Catron County, New Mexico. Project activities will include deployment of a Collison Floating Evaporation Pan (CFEP) to compare evaporation losses using a new evaporation rate monitoring technique for measuring open-water evaporation rates. Project activities will support the accurate tracking of open-water evaporative losses, one of the largest consumptives uses of water in the Southwestern United States, and provide information needed by Zuni Pueblo for more reliable water management and decision-making, especially in times of prolonged drought and climatological uncertainty. The CFEP's evaporation measurements will be compared with various standard methods (including the Class A Pan) which have been shown to have the potential to underestimate evaporation during previous studies. The evaporation data will also be used to calibrate the hydrologic model that is being developed by the U.S. Geological Survey in support of the water rights settlement. This project is in alignment with other Reclamation-funded deployments of the CFEP at Lake Powell, Elephant Butte and Caballo Reservoirs, and additional research that is planned involving the CFEP.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Next Generation of Evaporation Pans Agreement R17AC00074 Modification 004 and 005|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation (DOI-BOR)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Continuation|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BOR-UC-19-N010|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 22nd, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 22nd, 2019|
|Posted Date:||September 9th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||September 9th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||October 22nd, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$365,259|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$365,259|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 9th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Karen K Shubert
Grants Management Specialist
Phone 801 524 3663
- Similar Government Grants
- • Salt Basin Assessment of Water Resources and Groundwater Withdrawal
- • Notice of Intent to Award to University of Arizona Water Resources Research Center
- • Notice of Intent to Award to Colorado School of Mines
- • Notice of Intent to Award to RTI International
- • Notice of Intent to Award to California Department of Water Resources
- • Notice of Intent to Award to the University of Iowa for Integrated Bubble, Sound and Light...
- • Predicting the Interactions between Flow, Sediment and Riparian Vegetation
- • Design and Testing of Computationally-Efficient Methods to Evaluate Parameter and Model Un...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • Middle Entiat Habitat Restoration Area C and F
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2...
- • Enhanced Acoustic Tagging, Analysis, and Real-time Monitoring of Wild and Hatchery Salmoni...
- • Decontamination Units to Prevent Further Dreissenid Mussels Introduction and Spread in Cal...
- • Delta Education and Outreach Projects