The Role of Epitranscriptomics in Development and Disease (R01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The summary for the The Role of Epitranscriptomics in Development and Disease (R01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Role of Epitranscriptomics in Development and Disease (R01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to encourage applications from the scientific community to support outstanding research in the area of epitranscriptomics, i.e., the chemical modifications of RNA. Evidence is accumulating that RNA modifications regulate the function of both coding and noncoding RNAs, suggesting that these modifications are involved in both development, and in health and disease. Yet the extent and types of these RNA modifications as well as their roles in particular biological processes remain either poorly understood or not known. The goal of the FOA is to promote research into the role of RNA chemical modifications in the initiation and progression of various developmental processes and disease states and conditions relevant to the scientific mission of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), the National Cancer Institute (NCI), and the National Eye Institute (NEI).
|Federal Grant Title:||The Role of Epitranscriptomics in Development and Disease (R01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-18-830|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.393, 93.396, 93.865, 93.867|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 3rd, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 3rd, 2021|
|Posted Date:||June 14th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||June 14th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||July 9th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$499,999|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 14th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...