U.S. Tobacco Control Policies to Reduce Health Disparities (R21)
The summary for the U.S. Tobacco Control Policies to Reduce Health Disparities (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
U.S. Tobacco Control Policies to Reduce Health Disparities (R21): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to support observational or intervention research focused on reducing health disparities in tobacco use in the United States. Specifically, this FOA is intended to stimulate scientific inquiry focused on innovative tobacco control policies. Applicants may propose projects in which the primary outcome of interest is on reducing tobacco use health disparities in vulnerable populations by utilizing tobacco prevention and control strategies. The long-term goal of this FOA is to reduce health disparities in health outcomes thereby reducing the excess disease burden of tobacco use within these groups. Applicants submitting applications related to health economics are encouraged to consult NOT-OD-16-025 to ensure that applications align with NIH mission priorities in health economics research.
|Federal Grant Title:||U.S. Tobacco Control Policies to Reduce Health Disparities (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-17-218|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 15th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 15th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||May 26th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 26th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||July 21st, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 26th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Investigation of the Transmission of Kaposi Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus (KSHV) (R01 Cli...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) Incubator Program for New C...
- • Social and Behavioral Intervention Research to Address Modifiable Risk Factors for Cancer ...
- • Genomic Data Analysis Network: Genomic Data Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NCI Research Specialist (Laboratory-based Scientist) Award (R50 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...