USAID Partnership for Education: LEARNING
The summary for the USAID Partnership for Education: LEARNING grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Ghana USAID Accra, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
USAID Partnership for Education: LEARNING: The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Ghana anticipates issuing a Request for Applications (RFA) to implement the Partnership for Education: Learning (Learning) activity. Learning is intended to be a five-year activity which will improve the reading performance of approximately 2.8 million children in the early grades of Ghanas education system. Efforts under Learning will directly support the Ministry of Education (MOE) and Ghana Education Service (GES) to improve child learning outcomes, especially in the area of early grade reading from Kindergarten 1 (KG1) through grade 3 (P3), by enabling a more effective implementation of Ghanas mother tongue bilingual instruction policy, including the use of proven child literacy approaches (formerly NALAP) and other major components of the draft Ghana Reading Action Plan. It is expected by the end of the activity, the recipient will have collaboratively worked with and supported MOE, GES and related education institutions ability to have achieved : improved reading curriculum and standards, equipped early grade teachers with appropriate reading instruction training, support and tools, increased the availability of reading teaching and learning materials, facilitated community engagement for early grade reading improvement, and strengthened essential related basic education data and teacher human resource management systems. USAID expects the Learning Recipient to build effective synergies with USAID supported companion activities under the USAID Partnership for Education and related efforts in Ghana. An estimated $71 million in life-of-project funding over five years is anticipated, subject to the availability of funds.USAID/Ghana anticipates posting the RFA on or about May 16, 2014.
|Federal Grant Title:||USAID Partnership for Education: LEARNING|
|Federal Agency Name:||Ghana USAID Accra|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-641-14-000004|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||Apr 28, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Apr 28, 2014|
|Archive Date:||May 5, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$71,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$71,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Fatoumata Camara
Phone 224- 60 46 8715
Ghana USAID-Accra YOUR NUMBER
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Ghana USAID Accra
- • USAID/West Africa: Community HIV/AIDS Investments for Longer and healthier Lives (CHILL) i...
- • Broad Agency Announcement For Mobilizing Financing for Agriculture
- • Sustainable Fisheries Management Project
- • USAID's WEST AFRICA COTTON PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
- • Defeat Malaria