Ukraine Media Partnership Program
The summary for the Ukraine Media Partnership Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the US Mission to Ukraine, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Ukraine Media Partnership Program: The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of U.S. Embassy Kyiv is pleased to announce an open competition for program proposals. PAS invites U.S. non-profit/non-governmental organizations to submit media support and exchange program concept papers for supporting professional and financially viable media in Ukraine. The Department will have approximately $400,000 available to award one grant.OBJECTIVES: The project goal is to create and maintain long-term relationships between selected American and Ukrainian media outlets of similar size, and between the individuals who work at both outlets. Within this framework, Ukrainian professionals in print, online, and broadcast media will have the opportunity to interact with U.S. counterparts and to take part in practical training, organized by their U.S. partner. This project seeks to promote the development of free and independent Ukrainian media outlets that are financially viable, based on the fact that independent media is critical for the further democratic development of Ukraine.PAS would like to see four annual partnerships developed under this program. Each Ukrainian media outlet should be matched with an appropriate U.S. media outlet. Proposals should demonstrate geographic diversity by including media outlets from throughout Ukraine. Partnerships should include media outlets in regional capitals or larger regional cities. Proposed partnerships in Kiev will be considered on a case by case basis, based on justification. Applications should propose at least three partnerships in their submission. Applicants should explain how the proposed matches support the program's objectives and why they expect that the partnerships will be sustained beyond the duration of the grant. The grantee should work closely with PAS during the grant period. Specific partnerships will be approved by PAS.Please see full text of the Request for Proposals for more details.
|Federal Grant Title:||Ukraine Media Partnership Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||US Mission to Ukraine|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||AEECA-1972-12-0306|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||AEECA PD Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 15, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jun 26, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Aug 14, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Daniel Cisek Assistant Information Officer Phone 380-44-521-5036
- Similar Government Grants
- • BOLD GRANTEE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- • English Language Exchanges Support
- • U.S. Subject Matter Experts Program
- • Arctic Education Alliance: Building Capacity Through University Linkages between the Unite...
- • Ukraine: Crowdsourcing the Story of Ukrainian Democracy: Participatory History through Dig...
- • University Research Program
- • Student-run Media Lab Development Program
- • Intensive Summer Training of Trainers for English Language Teachers and Summer Camp for St...
- More Grants from the US Mission to Ukraine
- • Emerging Donors Challenge Program (EDCP) Round 7
- • Ukraine: Professional Exchanges 2019
- • Ukraine Press Tours
- • Support for Ukrainian Displaced Universities
- • Ukraine: Regional Media Development