Intensive Summer Training of Trainers for English Language Teachers and Summer Camp for Students
The summary for the Intensive Summer Training of Trainers for English Language Teachers and Summer Camp for Students grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the US Mission to Georgia, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Intensive Summer Training of Trainers for English Language Teachers and Summer Camp for Students: The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Tbilisi, Georgia, is pleased to announce an open competition for an assistance award through this Request for Proposals (RFP) for an "Intensive Summer Training of Trainers for English Language Teachers and Summer Camp for Students" Program. PAS invites U.S. and Georgian non-profit/non-governmental organizations and educational institutions to submit proposals for a two- year project to provide specialized training for experienced and skilled Georgian teachers of English to enhance their theoretical and practical knowledge, effecting deep understanding of the issues related to the teaching of English as a foreign language. The goal of the program is to enable these teacher trainers to lead their peers in professional development, providing training to Georgian teachers nationwide. PAS Tbilisi will use part of the funds to strengthen the English language skills of Georgian teachers of English by sending them to the U.S. for an intensive summer language course, and the other part of the funds to arrange English camps for Georgian teachers and students of English. Teacher participants will be selected from the English Language through Civic Education (ELCE) program, formerly called CETEL; these teachers are secondary school teachers, many in rural areas with limited exposure to native English language speakers. The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy will award up to $495,050 to fund activities for the 2012-2013 academic year, with an extension of $544,555 for the 2013-2014 academic year, subject to the availability of funds and at the total discretion of PAS.
|Federal Grant Title:||Intensive Summer Training of Trainers for English Language Teachers and Summer Camp for Students|
|Federal Agency Name:||US Mission to Georgia|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DOSGEO-12-CA-003-GEO-062212|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||AEECA PD Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 31, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 31, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 22, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jun 22, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Sep 30, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,039,605|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,039,605|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,039,605|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Giorgi Gabunia Admin. Asst. / Grants Manager Phone +99532277926
- Similar Government Grants
- • BOLD GRANTEE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- • English Language Exchanges Support
- • U.S. Subject Matter Experts Program
- • Arctic Education Alliance: Building Capacity Through University Linkages between the Unite...
- • Ukraine: Crowdsourcing the Story of Ukrainian Democracy: Participatory History through Dig...
- • University Research Program
- • Student-run Media Lab Development Program
- • Ukraine Media Partnership Program
- More Grants from the US Mission to Georgia
- • University Research Program in STEM
- • 2019 TV CO-OP
- • Media Education Program (MEP)
- • Promoting Gender Equality in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Exchan...
- • Television Entertainment Product