Unemployment Insurance Integrity Center of Excellence Operations
The summary for the Unemployment Insurance Integrity Center of Excellence Operations grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Unemployment Insurance Integrity Center of Excellence Operations: The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) intends to award a cooperative agreement to the Center for Employment Security Education and Research (CESER) for continued operations of the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Integrity Center of Excellence (Integrity Center). This sole source award is statutorily mandated in ETA’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 appropriation. The Department of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Other Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2020 and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2020 ((P.L. 116-94) provides “… $9,000,000 for continued support of the Unemployment Insurance Integrity Center of Excellence…” The accompanying congressional explanatory statement further notes that, “The Committee includes $9,000,000, the same as the fiscal year 2019 enacted level and $3,000,000 more than the fiscal year 2020 budget request for the continued support of the UI Integrity Center of Excellence (UIICE), including $6,000,000 for the benefit of States to the entity operating the UIICE.”The primary mission of the Integrity Center is to provide training and technical assistance to states to improve UI program integrity; develop, disseminate, and promote innovative new tools and products that are transferable and scalable for all states to prevent UI improper payments and enhance fraud prevention solutions; and enable rapid alerts to states on new improper payment practices and fraud schemes as they are identified.
|Federal Grant Title:||Unemployment Insurance Integrity Center of Excellence Operations|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration (DOL-ETA)|
|Grant Categories:||Employment, Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Mandatory|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ETA-UI-2020-01|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 7th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 7th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||June 23rd, 2020|
|Creation Date:||June 23rd, 2020|
|Archive Date:||August 6th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$6,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 23rd, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Sole Source Award to Center for Employment Security Education and Research
- Grant Announcement Contact
- “NOTE: This is a Notice of Intent. There is not an announcement related to this notice. We are not accepting applications.” If you have questions, please contact Subri Raman at Raman.Subri@dol.gov.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Funding Allotments and Operating Guidance for Unemployment Insurance...
- • FY 2019 Allotments and Operating Guidance for UI and RESEA Grants
- • Continued support of the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Integrity Center of Excellence (Integ...
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program
- • Change 1 to Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 13-19, Work Opportunity Tax Credit...
- • Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Ass...
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants