United States Department Of Agriculture Food For Progress Program
The summary for the United States Department Of Agriculture Food For Progress Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Capacity Building and Development Food Assistance, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
United States Department Of Agriculture Food For Progress Program: The Food for Progress program provides for the donation of U.S. agricultural commodities to developing countries and emerging democracies that are committed to introducing or expanding free enterprise in their agricultural economies. Donated U.S. commodities are typically 'monetized' (sold on the local market in the beneficiary country) and the proceeds are used to fund agricultural development activities. This NOFO contains Country guidance for Venezuela, updating the USDA-FAS-FFPR-19 listing at: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=313798. This NOFO is only applicable to applications for cooperative agreements for the country of Venezuela. Go to related documents to find the full announcement, details on how to apply, and other important information. This information has also been posted to: https://apps.fas.usda.gov/fais/public
|Federal Grant Title:||United States Department Of Agriculture Food For Progress Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Capacity Building and Development Food Assistance (USDA-FAS-OCBDFAD)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-FAS-FFPR-19-2|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 29th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 29th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||March 28th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||March 28th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||June 27th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$155,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$8,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 28th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- In accordance with FFPr Regulations (7 CFR § 1499.3(a)) a private voluntary organization, a nonprofit agricultural organization or cooperative, a nongovernmental organization, or any other private entity is eligible to submit an application to become an Applicant under FFPr. See 7 CFR 1499.2 for the definition of a private voluntary organization. In accordance with the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, public and non-profit college and universities are also eligible to submit an application under FFPr. Only applicants applying for projects in Venezuela are eligible under this NOFO.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Susan Waage
International Program Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2023 Food Assistance Proposal Instructions and Request for Applications FOOD FOR PROGRE...
- • FY 2022 FFPr Limited Merit Based NOFO
- • FY 2022 FFPr Standing NOFO
- • Solicitation of Input from Stakeholders on Financing Innovations for Small and Medium Agri...
- • Solicitation of Input from Stakeholders on Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) Innovations
- • Food for Progress
- • Food for Progress Program
- More Grants from the Capacity Building and Development Food Assistance
- • United States Department Of Agriculture Local And Regional Food Aid Procurement Program
- • United States Department Of Agriculture Mcgovern-dole International Food For Education And...
- • Local and Regional Food Aid Procurement (LRP) Program