Vegetation Plot Surveys and Classification
The summary for the Vegetation Plot Surveys and Classification grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Vegetation Plot Surveys and Classification: NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD FY12 PROJECTS: This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's (NPS) intention to fund Southern Illinois University's Vegetation Plot Surveys and Classifications project. The purpose of this agreement is to help the scientific understanding and knowledge of native plant communities, thus increasing the likelihood of protecting them for the enjoyment of future generations. The results will go into a NPS database (NPSPlots) and descriptions of vegetative communities will be included in the publicly available National Vegetation Classification Standard (NVCS) database and website. The recipient will work with NPS to select 40 plot locations, collect plot data according to NPS standards, and enter data into the PLOTS database. Using data from this and earlier efforts the recipient will classify plots into community types and summarize all in final report. The National Park Service will be substantially involved in fulfilling the tasks and objectives of the project. Click on the above full announcement link for single source determination according to 505 DM 2.14 B(4), Unique Qualifications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Vegetation Plot Surveys and Classification|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||E12AC10798|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Research and Training Programs - Resources of the National Park System|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 09, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 09, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Aug 09, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Aug 09, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Oct 09, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,109|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,109|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,109|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katie Schroeder Grants Management Specialist Phone 402-661-1640
Midwest Regional Office [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area