Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP)
The summary for the Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the OASAM, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP): Executive Summary: The U.S. Department of Labor, Veterans? Employment and Training Service (VETS) announces a competition for the balance of the Veterans? Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) grant funds for Program Year (PY) 2003 as authorized under Section 168 of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998. This notice contains all of the necessary information and forms needed to apply for grant funding. Selected programs will assist eligible veterans by providing employment, training, support services, credentialing, networking information, and/or other assistance. Under this solicitation for grant applications (SGA), VETS anticipates that up to $400,000 in PY 2003 funds will be available for grant awards. The awards will be in the form of 12-month grants. The VWIP programs are designed to be flexible in addressing the universal as well as local or regional problems that may have had a negative impact on veterans reentering the workforce, including lack of coordinating information between local service providers. VETS, through this SGA, is seeking applications that take one of two approaches - either providing direct services to veterans, or providing outreach and public information activities that result in job and job training opportunities for veterans.
|Federal Grant Title:||Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||OASAM|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SGA-04-02|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Veterans' Employment Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 17, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Apr 15, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jun 16, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Jun 16, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:||$400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Public agencies, private non-profit organizations, and community based organizations (including faith-based organizations).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Mitchell, Cassandra , Grants Management Specialist, Phone (202) 693-4570, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Mitchell, Cassandra
- Similar Government Grants
- • Solicitation for Grant Applications for the Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) i...
- • Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP)
- • Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) Grants
- • Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) Grants
- More Grants from the OASAM
- • Project to Combat Exploitative Child Labor in Sugarcane Growing Areas of the Philippines
- • Nat'l Tech Asst & Rsrch Cntr to Promote Ldrshp for Emp & Econ Ind for Adults w/disabilitie...
- • Notice of Intent - Incarcerated Veterans Transition Program (IVTP)
- • Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP)
- • Jobs For Veterans State Grants Application