Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) Grants
The summary for the Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the OASAM, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) Grants: Executive Summary The U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL), Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS), announces a grant competition under the Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) for Program Year (PY) 2006, as authorized under Section 168 of the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998. This Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) notice contains all of the necessary information and forms needed to apply for grant funding. Selected programs will assist eligible veterans by providing employment, training, support services, credentialing, networking information, and/or other assistance. Under this Program Year (PY) 2006 SGA, VETS anticipates that up to $6,900,000 will be available for grant awards up to a maximum of $750,000 for each grant award. VETS expects to award approximately nine (9) grants. The period of performance for these PY 2006 grants will be July 1, 2006 through June 30, 2007. Two (2) optional years of additional funding may be available, depending upon Congressional appropriations, the agency's decision to exercise the optional year(s) of funding, and satisfactory grantee and sub-awardee(s) performance.
|Federal Grant Title:||Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||OASAM|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SGA-06-03|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Veterans' Employment Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 22, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Apr 21, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Apr 21, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Jun 21, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,900,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||9|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications for funds will be accepted from public agencies and non-profit organizations, including faith-based and community organizations, that are determined to have familiarity with the area and population to be served and can administer an effective program, under WIA section 168(a)(2).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Cassandra Mitchell
Grants Management Specialist
Phone 202-693-4570 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • Solicitation for Grant Applications for the Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) i...
- • Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP)
- • Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) Grants
- • Veterans' Workforce Investment Program (VWIP)
- More Grants from the OASAM
- • Project to Combat Exploitative Child Labor in Sugarcane Growing Areas of the Philippines
- • Nat'l Tech Asst & Rsrch Cntr to Promote Ldrshp for Emp & Econ Ind for Adults w/disabilitie...
- • Notice of Intent - Incarcerated Veterans Transition Program (IVTP)
- • Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP)
- • Jobs For Veterans State Grants Application