Village Marine Science Outreach
The summary for the Village Marine Science Outreach grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Village Marine Science Outreach: The unique nature of Alaska, with its many rural and remote villages, provides the challenge of getting quality marine science education to students in schools which are usually multi-grade facilities with minimal staff support. Staff members of both Kenai Fjords National Park and the Alaska SeaLife Center (ASLC) have been successfully taking science to these students for the past ten years. In a state with such an abundance of science, natural resources, and students longing to understand them â¿¿ the Ocean Alaska Science Learning Center (OASLC) Village Outreach Program is a natural fit. With a track record of success and a recent increase in teacher participation and frequency of outreach trips, this program has the potential for continued growth and even greater success as schools are looking for unique, cost-effective, and inquiry based learning experiences for their students.
|Federal Grant Title:||Village Marine Science Outreach|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00173|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 18th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 18th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||April 7th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||April 7th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||April 19th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$108,144|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$110,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$108,144|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 7th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Erica Cordeiro 907-644-3315
- Similar Government Grants
- • MACA Administrative History
- • Visitor Use Study at Waco Mammoth National Monument
- • Stabilization of Rock Springs Land and Cattle Company Headquarters Building
- • Stabilization of Telegraph Building at OX Ranch
- • An investigation of the Impact of the NPS to New Mexico's Outdoor Recreation Economy ...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program
- • Engaging Youth through Trails, Roads and Environmental Restoration Projects
- • Youth Work Programs Cross Cultural Learning - Tomaquag Interns
- • Lowell Folk Festival Support
- • Collaborative Management Through Implementation of the Upper Delaware River Management Pla...