Water Conservation Field Services Program: Financial Assistance for Fiscal Year 2023
The summary for the Water Conservation Field Services Program: Financial Assistance for Fiscal Year 2023 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Water Conservation Field Services Program: Financial Assistance for Fiscal Year 2023: The Department of the Interior's (DOI's) WaterSMART (Sustain and Manage America's Resources for Tomorrow) Program provides a framework for Federal leadership and assistance to stretch and secure water supplies for future generations in support of DOI priorities. Through WaterSMART, the Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) leverages Federal and non-Federal funding to work cooperatively with states, Tribes, and local entities as they plan for and implement actions to increase water supply reliability through investments in existing infrastructure and attention to local water conflicts. The Water Conservation Field Services Program (WCFSP) provides support for priorities identified in Presidential Executive Order (E.O.) 14008: Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad (E.O. 14008) and aligned with other priorities, such as those identified in Presidential Executive Order 13985: Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government (E.O. 13985).Drought conditions across the Western United States impact a wide range of communities and sectors, including agriculture, cities, Tribes, the environment, recreation, hydropower producers, and others.Reclamation established the Water Conservation Field Services Program (WCFSP) in 1996 to encourage recipients of water from Federal water projects to conserve water and to assist agricultural and urban water districts in preparing and implementing water conservation plans in accordance with the Reclamation Reform Act of 1982. Through the WCFSP, Reclamation makes cost-shared financial assistance available for developing water conservation plans, designing water management improvements, identifying water management improvements through System Optimization Reviews (SORs), and improving the understanding of water conservation techniques through demonstration activities.This Water Conservation Field Services Program Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)provides funding for projects that result in water management planning. These planning projects support planning for water managers to plan, prioritize, and design projects that conserve and use water more efficiently; mitigate conflict risk in areas at a high risk of future water conflict; and accomplish other benefits that contribute to sustainability in the Western United States.For further information on the WaterSMART Program, please see www.usbr.gov/watersmart/.
|Federal Grant Title:||Water Conservation Field Services Program: Financial Assistance for Fiscal Year 2023|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation (DOI-BOR)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R23AS00083|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 28th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 28th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||November 16th, 2022|
|Creation Date:||November 16th, 2022|
|Archive Date:||December 14th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||January 5th, 2023|
- Category Explanation
- Natural Resources
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.) - Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include any state, Tribe, irrigation district, water district, or other organization with water or power delivery authority located in Reclamation's Columbia-Pacific Northwest Region.Those not eligible include, but are not limited to, the following entities: Federal governmental entities, institutions of higher education, individuals, and 501(c)(6) organizations.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Nathan Moeller
- Similar Government Grants
- • Water Conservation Field Services Program: Financial Assistance for Fiscal Years 2023 and ...
- • WaterSMART Water Conservation Field Services Program
- • Water Conservation Field Services Program Financial Assistance for Fiscal Years 2022 and 2...
- • Water Conservation Field Services Program: Financial Assistance for Fiscal Year 2022
- • BOR-CPN Water Conservation Field Services Program: Financial Assistance for Fiscal Year 20...
- • Lower Colorado Regional Office Water Conservation Field Services Program (WCFSP)
- • Water Conservation Field Services Program - Phoenix Area Office
- • Water Conservation Program - Yuma Area
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • WaterSMART Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration Projects for Fiscal Year 2023
- • Snow Water Supply Forecasting Program
- • WaterSMART Environmental Water Resources Projects for Fiscal Year (FY) 2023
- • WaterSMART: Water Recycling and Desalination Planning
- • Native American Affairs: Technical Assistance to Tribes for Fiscal Year 2023