William F. Goodling Even Start Family Literacy Programs: Grants for Indian Tribes and Tribal Organizations
The summary for the William F. Goodling Even Start Family Literacy Programs: Grants for Indian Tribes and Tribal Organizations grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters and Regional Offices, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
William F. Goodling Even Start Family Literacy Programs: Grants for Indian Tribes and Tribal Organizations: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Purpose of Program: The William F. Goodling Even Start Family Literacy Programs (Even Start), including the grants for Indian tribes and tribal organizations, are intended to help break the cycle of poverty and illiteracy by improving the educational opportunities of low-income families by integrating early childhood education, adult literacy or adult basic education, and parenting education into a unified family literacy program for federally recognized Indian tribes and tribal organizations. These programs are implemented through cooperative activities that: Build on high-quality existing community resources to create a new range of educational services for most-in-need families; promote the academic achievement of children and adults; assist children from low-income families to meet challenging State content and student achievement standards; and use instructional programs that are based on scientifically based reading research and on the prevention of reading difficulties for children and adults, to the extent such research is available. A description of the required fifteen program elements for which funds must be used is included in the application package. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.258.
|Federal Grant Title:||William F. Goodling Even Start Family Literacy Programs: Grants for Indian Tribes and Tribal Organizations|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters and Regional Offices|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-021204-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Even Start_Indian Tribes and Tribal Organizations|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 02, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Feb 12, 2004|
|Creation Date:||May 02, 2004|
|Archive Date:||May 02, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,370,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||17|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Federally recognized Indian tribes and tribal organizations. Applicable definitions of the terms "Indian tribe" and "tribal organization" are in section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act, 25 U.S.C. 450b.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Cotton, Julius, ED FedGrants Administrator, Phone (202) 708-8562, Fax (202) 205-0667, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Cotton, Julius
- Similar Government Grants
- • William F. Goodling Even Start Family Literacy Programs--Grants for Federally Recognized I...
- • William F. Goodling Even Start Family Literacy Programs--Grants for Indian Tribes and Trib...
- More Grants from the Headquarters and Regional Offices
- • Special Focus Competition: European Community-United States of America Cooperation Program...
- • Early Reading First Program
- • Charter Schools Program (CSP)
- • Teaching American History Grant Program
- • Small Business Innovation Research Program--Phase I