2010-2014 Habitat Enhancements at Sterling WMA
The summary for the 2010-2014 Habitat Enhancements at Sterling WMA grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Pacific Northwest Region, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2010-2014 Habitat Enhancements at Sterling WMA: This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Reclamation's intention to enter into a cost-share grant agreement in 2010 with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game for the continued development, maintenance, and enhancement of wildlife projects at the Sterling Wildlife Management Area (Sterling WMA). The Sterling WMA lands were acquired by Reclamation to mitigate adverse affects on fish and wildlife due to the raising of the American Falls Dam, Minidoka Project. Continued improvement of upland and wetland habitat at the Sterling WMA will enhance the environment for resident and migratory game and non-game species. Upland vegetation conservation, maintenance, and enhancement will reduce topsoil loss through wind erosion, and will inhibit noxious weed growth and dispersal. Wetland habitat conservation, enhancement, and creation will provide greater water storage and filtration.
|Federal Grant Title:||2010-2014 Habitat Enhancements at Sterling WMA|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Pacific Northwest Region|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||10SS1S0030|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 19, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 19, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Feb 19, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Feb 19, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Mar 20, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$65,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lisa Strong Grants & Agreements Specialist Phone 208-383-2204
- Similar Government Grants
- • Middle Entiat Habitat Restoration Area C and F
- • Decontamination Units to Prevent Further Dreissenid Mussels Introduction and Spread in Cal...
- • Lake Berryessa Zebra and Quagga Mussel Prevention Program
- • June Sucker Recovery Implementation Program, Carp Removal
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention
- • Habitat Restoration, Improvement and Planning Program in South-Central California Area Off...
- • Modeling and Monitoring of Water Quality for the williamson river Delta Restoration Projec...
- • Sulphur Creek Fish Barrier
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Pacific Northwest Region
- • Ririe Recreation Area Operations and Maintenance
- • Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Anaconda Inspection Station
- • Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Early detection Monitoring Project
- • Grand Ronde Habitat Project Prioritization, Development, and Monitoring
- • Upper Salmon Basin Stream Rehabilitation Project Planning