2012 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bachelor Degrees
The summary for the 2012 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bachelor Degrees grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2012 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bachelor Degrees: The DHS Scientific Leadership Awards (SLA) program is one of several administered by the Office of University Programs intended to help achieve the goals of S&T. The SLA program will help develop enduring educational and research capabilities within the MSI communities. Critical elements of a successful SLA program will include the following: 1)Coordinated teaching and DHS relevant research projects or initiatives with significant involvement of an early career faculty2)Establishment of collaborative relationships with the DHS research COEs, DHS / DOE and other federal labs 3)HS-STEM curriculum development and course content4)Financial support for undergraduate students in the form of scholarships and other direct student support5)Student internships and other experiential learning opportunities6)Best practices for successful student mentoring and career guidance7)Processes with the potential for highly successful transition of supported students to HS-STEM related careers, or admission to graduate school8)Student tracking and reporting methodologyThe proposal must contain a subproject that allows collaboration or faculty exchange between the early career faculty and a researcher at one of the COE Research lead universities, a DHS / DOE or other related federal laboratory.
|Federal Grant Title:||2012 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bachelor Degrees|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DHS-12-ST-062-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Scientific Leadership Awards|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 29, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 29, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jan 27, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Mar 22, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Apr 28, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,850,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Proposals may be submitted by only accredited academic HBCU, HSI, or TCU institutions in the U.S., its territories or possessions, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, that award bachelor degrees in science (including social science), technology, engineering and/or mathematics (STEM) fields. Most accredited U.S. postsecondary institutions that meet the statutory criteria for these categories are listed at: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/edlite-minorityinst.htm. DHS is only accepting and funding one application per eligible institution.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Patty Mayo Grants Specialist Phone 202-447-0266
Grants Specialist [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2016 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bac...
- • 2014 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bac...
- • 2011 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions Granting Graduate ...
- • 2011 DHS Scientific Leadership Bridge Awards for Minority Serving Institutions Granting Tw...
- • DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions Granting Bachelor Degre...
- • DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions
- More Grants from the Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division
- • FY 19 STC Announcement
- • State Local Tribal Territorial Indicators of Compromise Automation Pilot
- • State Local Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) Reporting and Threat Information Sharing Pilot
- • State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) Security Operations Center (SOC) Information S...
- • FY 2019 Citizenship and Assimilation Grant Program: Refugee and Asylee Assimilation Progra...