2014 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bachelor Degrees
The summary for the 2014 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bachelor Degrees grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2014 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bachelor Degrees: A. Program Overview and Priorities The mission of the Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Science & Technology (S&T) Directorate is to strengthen Americas security and resiliency by providing knowledge products and innovative technology solutions for the Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE). to develop a technically savvy future workforce for the HSE. The DHS Scientific Leadership Awards (SLA) program is one of several educational research programs administered by the S&T Office of University Programs. The SLA program will develop homeland security educational and research capabilities within the MSI communities. OUP invites applications from minority serving intuitions to establish HS-related scientific leadership awards programs. OUP expects to fund these programs for several years to ensure a lasting capability at recipient MSIs. Critical elements of a successful SLA proposal will address the following: 1) Coordinated teaching and DHS relevant research projects or initiatives with significant involvement of an early career faculty 2) Establishment of collaborative relationships with the DHS research Centers of Excellence (COEs), DHS / DOE and other federal labs 3) HS-STEM (Homeland Security- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) curriculum development and course content 4) Financial support for undergraduate students in the form of scholarships and other direct student support 5) Student internships and other experiential learning opportunities 6) Best practices for successful student mentoring and career guidance 7) Processes with the potential for highly successful transition of supported students to HS-STEM related careers, or admission to graduate school 8) Student success tracking, measurement, and reporting methodology The proposal must contain a subproject that allows collaboration or faculty exchange between early career faculty and a researcher at one of the COE Research lead universities, a DHS / DOE laboratory or other related federal research center. Additional requirements may apply, see full description in Funding Announcement.
|Federal Grant Title:||2014 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bachelor Degrees|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DHS-14-ST-062-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Scientific Leadership Awards|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 5, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 5, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Feb 25, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Feb 25, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jun 4, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,604,048|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Historically Black College and University (HBCU), Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), or Tribal College and University (TCU)
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Patty Mayo
Office of Procurement Operations - Grants Division 202-447-5950
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2016 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bac...
- • 2012 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bac...
- • 2011 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions Granting Graduate ...
- • 2011 DHS Scientific Leadership Bridge Awards for Minority Serving Institutions Granting Tw...
- • DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions Granting Bachelor Degre...
- • DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions
- More Grants from the Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division
- • FY 19 STC Announcement
- • State Local Tribal Territorial Indicators of Compromise Automation Pilot
- • State Local Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) Reporting and Threat Information Sharing Pilot
- • State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) Security Operations Center (SOC) Information S...
- • FY 2019 Citizenship and Assimilation Grant Program: Refugee and Asylee Assimilation Progra...