2020 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals
The summary for the 2020 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2020 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals: The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), an agency under the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), is announcing the potential availability of funding for agreements for the purposes of: Promoting research collaboration between the NRCS Soil and Plant Science Division (SPSD) and university cooperators on significant national issues;Providing technology transfer and training for NRCS staff;Assisting in training of students in soil science and related fields. Proposals must be for projects based in the United States and its territories and possessions and focus on the priorities described in Section A of this notice. Research proposals are sought. NRCS anticipates that the amount available for support of this program in FY 2020 will be up to $1,700,000.00. Eligibility is limited to institutions of higher education in the Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) network (http://www.cesu.psu.edu/). Proposals are requested for competitive consideration of awards for projects 1-2 years in duration. This notice identifies the objectives, eligibility criteria, and application instructions for projects. Proposals will be screened for completeness and compliance with the provisions of this notice. Incomplete and/or noncompliant proposals will be eliminated from competition, and notification of elimination will be sent to the applicant.Key Dates May 19, 2020 - Questions submission due date May 25, 2020 - Questions and Answers posting date June 11, 2020 - Application submission due date June 30, 2020 - Notifications to selected proposals September 15, 2020 - Planned project start dateApplicants must submit their applications via Grants.gov by 11:59 pm Eastern Time. For technical issues with Grants.gov, please contact Grants.gov Applicant Support at 1-800-518-4726 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Awarding agency staff cannot support applicants regarding Grants.gov accounts.
|Federal Grant Title:||2020 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals|
|Federal Agency Name:||Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS)|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture, Environment, Natural Resources, Science and Technology and other Research and Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-NHQ-SOIL-20-NOFO0001003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 11th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 11th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||April 27th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||April 27th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||July 11th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 2nd, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- • Private institutions of higher education that are part of a CESU network. • Public and State-controlled institutions of higher education that are part of a CESU network.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Aileen Anderson
Grants Management Specialist
If you have any questions related to preparing application content
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2019 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals Notice of Funding Opportunity (NFO)
- • Maine - National Cooperative Soil Survey
- • National Coooperative Soil Survey (NCSS)
- • Cost Effective Procedures to Aggregate, Verify & Deliver Carbon Credits to Private Sec...
- • Technical Assistance to Develop Remote Sensing/Terrain Analysis Methods and Models for Pre...
- More Grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS’ Feral Swine Eradication and Control Pilot...
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS’s Regional Conservation Partnership Progra...
- • NRCS easement programs restoration and stewardship assistance.
- • Watershed Assessments for the National Water Quality Initiative
- • Cooperative Conservation Agreements, Fiscal Year 2020 Announcement for Funding - Massachus...