National Coooperative Soil Survey (NCSS)
The summary for the National Coooperative Soil Survey (NCSS) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Coooperative Soil Survey (NCSS): The National Cooperative Soil Survey (NCSS) is a nationwide partnership of federal, regional, state and local agencies; and private entities and institutions. This partnership works together to cooperatively investigate, inventory, document, classify, interpret, disseminate, and publish information about soils of the United States and its trust territories and commonwealths. Two of the NCSS core missions are to make an inventory of the soil resources of the United States, and making it available in a useful form. This cooperative agreement will enable NRCS to accelerate the initial inventory of soils in Maine, and contribute to the seamless, high quality digital soil survey of the country.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Coooperative Soil Survey (NCSS)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Natural Resources Conservation Service|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Earmark|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-MESO-09-01|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Soil Survey|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 01, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 01, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Apr 24, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Apr 24, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jul 01, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$135,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pat Pickett, Contract Specialist USDA, NRCS 356 Mountain View Drive, Suite 105 tel.: (802) 951-6796, ext.224
Further information [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2022 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals
- • 2021 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals
- • 2020 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals
- • 2019 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals Notice of Funding Opportunity (NFO)
- • Maine - National Cooperative Soil Survey
- • Technical Assistance to Develop Remote Sensing/Terrain Analysis Methods and Models for Pre...
- • Cost Effective Procedures to Aggregate, Verify & Deliver Carbon Credits to Private Sec...
- More Grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- • Virginia Conservation Partnership and Technical Assistance
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) for Federa...
- • Organic Assistance Specialists
- • Conservation Innovation Grants Pennsylvania State Program
- • NRCS New Jersey Conservation Planning and Data Processing