2021 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals
The summary for the 2021 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2021 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals: The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), an agency under the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), is announcing the potential availability of funding for agreements for the purposes of:• Promoting research collaboration between the NRCS Soil and Plant Science Division (SPSD) and university cooperators on significant national issues;• Providing technology transfer and training for NRCS staff;• Assisting in training of students in soil science and related fields.Proposals must be for projects based in the United States and its territories and possessions and focus on the priorities described in Section A of this notice. Research proposals are sought. NRCS anticipates that the amount available for support of this program in FY 2021 will be up to $1,000,000.00. Eligibility is limited to institutions of higher education in the Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) network (http://www.cesu.psu.edu/). Proposals are requested for competitive consideration of awards for projects 2-3 years in duration. This notice identifies the objectives, eligibility criteria, and application instructions forprojects. Proposals will be screened for completeness and compliance with the provisions ofthis notice. Incomplete and/or noncompliant proposals will be eliminated from competition,and notification of elimination will be sent to the applicant.For new users of Grants.gov, see Section D.1. for information about steps required before submitting an application via Grants.gov.Applicants must submit their applications via Grants.gov by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on June 15, 2021. For technical issues with Grants.gov, contact Grants.gov Applicant Support at 1-800-518-4726 or email@example.com. Awarding agency staff cannot support applicants regarding Grants.gov accounts. Questions regarding this notice of funding opportunity (NFO) may be submitted until May 15, 2021. Responses to questions posed will be posted on Grants.gov approximately two weeks before the application due date.The agency anticipates making selections by July 15, 2021 and expects to execute awards by September 30, 2021.
|Federal Grant Title:||2021 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals|
|Federal Agency Name:||Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS)|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-NHQ-SOILS-21-NOFO0001107|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 15th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 15th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||April 15th, 2021|
|Creation Date:||April 15th, 2021|
|Archive Date:||July 15th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 21st, 2021|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is limited to institutions of higher education in the Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) network. For more information on the Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) network please see: http://www.cesu.psu.edu/
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Aileen Anderson
Grants Management Specialist
For questions related to application content.
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2022 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals
- • 2020 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals
- • 2019 Soil Science Collaborative Research Proposals Notice of Funding Opportunity (NFO)
- • Maine - National Cooperative Soil Survey
- • National Coooperative Soil Survey (NCSS)
- • Technical Assistance to Develop Remote Sensing/Terrain Analysis Methods and Models for Pre...
- • Cost Effective Procedures to Aggregate, Verify & Deliver Carbon Credits to Private Sec...
- More Grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- • Virginia Conservation Partnership and Technical Assistance
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) for Federa...
- • Organic Assistance Specialists
- • Conservation Innovation Grants Pennsylvania State Program
- • NRCS New Jersey Conservation Planning and Data Processing