Advances in Polycystic Kidney Disease (R01)
The summary for the Advances in Polycystic Kidney Disease (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Advances in Polycystic Kidney Disease (R01): The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) through its Division of Kidney, Urologic and Hematologic Diseases (DKUHD) invites experienced and new investigators to submit research grant applications to pursue basic and applied investigations in order to better understand the etiology and pathogenesis of Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD), in both its autosomal dominant and autosomal recessive forms. Such applications may examine the genetic determinants, and cellular and molecular mechanisms, which disrupt normal kidney function; mechanisms of cyst formation and growth; development of experimental model systems; development of markers of disease progression; and the identification of innovative therapeutic interventions and gene targeted strategies to prevent progressive renal insufficiency due to this disorder. The intent of this funding opportunity is to intensify investigator-initiated research, to attract new investigators to the field, and to increase interdisciplinary research. The ultimate aim is to facilitate PKD-related research studies, which will provide the basis for new therapeutic approaches.
|Federal Grant Title:||Advances in Polycystic Kidney Disease (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-07-293|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Kidney Diseases, Urology and Hematology Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2009 Mult|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2009 Multi|
|Posted Date:||Jan 11, 2007|
|Creation Date:||May 28, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Oct 08, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Investigations on Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases (R01)
- • Grants for Basic Research in Glomerular Diseases (R01)
- • Ancillary Studies of Kidney Disease Accessing Information from Clinical Trials, Epidemiolo...
- • Calcium Oxalate Stone Diseases (R01)
- • Transmission of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) In Semen (R01)
- • Research Grants for Clinical Studies of Kidney Diseases
- • Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network (Cpcrn)
- • Frequent Hemodialysis Clinical Trials
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...